We would buy if

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottyb

I believe there is real value in buying locally -- not only is it convenient, but it helps the local economy. If the local dealer is rational, they'll get reasonably close to the big wholesalers. In my case, I paid an extra 4% versus the quotes from the big boys. Future transportation considerations aside, 4% is a pittance for the convenience of a dealer 20 minutes from my home.

I got my dealer to match the wholesaler price + delivery. This was only after I had acquired a quote from a distant wholesaler, along with delivery charges. Before that, they were 5K higher.

BarneyFife

It's only taken a phone call for approval. Perhaps some of my success has been attitude. I don't call mad and frustrated with a "chip on my shoulder" and have gotten good results.

Maybe it was your attitude? maybe not...Heartland worked with me for me on a warrenty repair that I did myself. We bought our Sundance from a dealer 1200 miles away to save $8k. I saved enough to upgrade with new wheels and tires, shocks, new generator, 12vdc to 120vac inverter and the list go on.

Although its not a complete accusation, I don't appreciate the insinuation. I will not go through all the long drawn out details of our first year nightmare with Heartland. The fact that some here have had great experiences with service is wonderful and I wish they were all that way. But I would believe even Heartland would admit they've dropped the ball with how some of their customers have been treated. Any big company would be easily guilty of such.

Sing their praises because you've been completely happy. I applaud that. But just because someone else states they've had a different experience, don't be so insensitive to imply its their fault when you have absolutely no clue about what you're talking about.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/30989-My-Saga-Continues

danemayer

Well, this thread has gone way far afield from where it started. Closing now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.