Weighed the rig today

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Finally weighed the pickup and the 300C. Trailer was very close to the max load that it would see. RZR in the garage, 100 gals of water, 30 gals of gas, about 1/2 full on propane, and the TV full of diesel. The weight is with no passengers also.

Gross was 24,860

Everything is well within the factory limits. Now I just need to get the pickup weighed without the trailer.

photo-3.jpg

danemayer

If you ever get individual wheel weight, you may find you're over the max on 1 or more wheels. Weight isn't evenly distributed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
If you ever get individual wheel weight, you may find you're over the max on 1 or more wheels. Weight isn't evenly distributed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I would like to. But I am confident that i am not as each tire has a 4805lb rating

porthole

Retired
Matt, when i weigh my trailer i'll go to the back of the lot and drop the trailer and go right back to the scale. ask for a "re-weigh", costs a buck.

And if the scale is close enough you can do the reweigh within 24 hours.

I wouldn't put much faith in the individual tire weighing. After seeing how the scales were thrown around at Goshen last year I wouldn't spend my money getting the rig weighed.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
I need to get the truck weighed to figure out pin weight. But as for the trailer. I don't have much room for any more cargo. As the GAWR is 14k. Though if I put the Kodak disc break conversion the wheel bearings will be the same as in the 8k axles. Though springs and axle tubes will still be 7k rated.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Matt, when i weigh my trailer i'll go to the back of the lot and drop the trailer and go right back to the scale. ask for a "re-weigh", costs a buck.

And if the scale is close enough you can do the reweigh within 24 hours.

I wouldn't put much faith in the individual tire weighing. After seeing how the scales were thrown around at Goshen last year I wouldn't spend my money getting the rig weighed.

I would like to know the weight on each axle as I could have a axle over loaded if the trailer is not leveled properly. This could lead to me having to get a short (shorter in height) hitch to level the trailer. I think more weight is on the rear axle with the RZR in the garage.

porthole

Retired
If you have someone spot you at the CAT scale you can get individual axle weights. And it is still a better option then using spring scales that get thrown around.

iPhone using Tapatalk

Tumblebug

I weighed the Wilderness 1950RB and the 2009 GMC Serria crew 4x4. Full water and propane and TV with full gas.

Steering 3100
Drive 3700
tandem axle 4900
Total 11700 lbs

With two 3500 lb axles it will be hard to over load the trailer. The GVW for the Wilderness is 6900 lbs. The wide TRAX pulls really good at 4900 lbs weight. Much different than with the MPG which was alway close to or over on the weight rating.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
While overloading the axles takes some doing, getting individual tire weights will show you how the load is distributed. It will also tell you if any of your TV tires need adjustment for the amount of load being put on them with the rig hitched up.

lwmcguir

If you are anywhere close to a grain elevator most of them leave their scales on 24/7. We weight grain/cattle/hay on weekends and evenings at the local COOP's all the time. Also a great place to weigh TV's and axles and so on. No cost and they are scaled in 20 pound increments.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
If you are anywhere close to a grain elevator most of them leave their scales on 24/7. We weight grain/cattle/hay on weekends and evenings at the local COOP's all the time. Also a great place to weigh TV's and axles and so on. No cost and they are scaled in 20 pound increments.

The local grain drier back home is a single deck scale. Matter of fact I believe all of them are. I know the COOP their in town is also a single deck scale. But none of them leave them on for use.

lwmcguir

They are all single deck here as well, all open 24/7. I just pull on axle by axle, record the weights and calculate. You can enter on one side and get weights that way as well. It calculates out just like the triple deck scales. We have used this method for years back when we didn't have 70't scales for our large rigs. A lot of the scales were only 40' for years so you had to weigh axles and calculate. Most of the Midwest grain production area has large scales that are left on 24/7 now.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Matt, your TV probably weighs it at 7500# and maybe more if its a DRW long bed. My 07 Chebby weighs in at 7K and is a 4wd/LB/ SRW and full of fuel. Fords are a heavier truck.

lwmcguir

Matt, your TV probably weighs it at 7500# and maybe more if its a DRW long bed. My 07 Chebby weighs in at 7K and is a 4wd/LB/ SRW and full of fuel. Fords are a heavier truck.
Good point. Our F350 SRW weighs 8900 full of fuel and ready to travel.

rzrbilly

We were headed to CO first week of Sep. and stopped at a truck stcp just down the road and weighed. Truck trailer and a small trailer with a Polaris rzr4 on it was 34950 lb. I tow with a crew cab 2005 c4500 Kodiak with Western Hauler conversion and pulling a 2010 Cyclone 3950 and a 12' bumper pull flatbed behind it as well. So that doesn't sound too heavy to me

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Good point. Our F350 SRW weighs 8900 full of fuel and ready to travel.

At the 11 rally they weighed mine at 9400 loaded but nor hooked up. seems heavy

I did not realize that the F350 weighed that much. Heavy Pickup.

We were headed to CO first week of Sep. and stopped at a truck stcp just down the road and weighed. Truck trailer and a small trailer with a Polaris rzr4 on it was 34950 lb. I tow with a crew cab 2005 c4500 Kodiak with Western Hauler conversion and pulling a 2010 Cyclone 3950 and a 12' bumper pull flatbed behind it as well. So that doesn't sound too heavy to me

That is a good load especial when a 05 Kodiak makes about 1/2 the power that these new 1 tons make. I am wanting to find out if I can get a hitch put on my 300C and keep the chassis warranty as I want the option to haul doubles. As lippert offers a hitch for 5er's to haul doubles. Granted the max load that I would add is 3,000lbs Max, probably closer to 2,500lb.