Welcome to the new 3050 at Tiki Village in Lakeland FL

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
A couple in the park we are staying at just purchased a Bighorn 3050 from Bates RV after going to the Tampa RV show. They are Steve and Joanne Claywell from Battle Creek MI. They still own a Jayco Designer that they will use for NASCAR events.

I briefly met them yesterday and welcomed them to the Heartland Family. Unfortunately, they do not use a computer, so they won't be joining the forum, but I did tell them about the rally and printed out some information for them. Hope they will consider it.

Please join me in extending congratulations to them; I will print these out for them.

jpmorgan37

Welcome Steve and Joanne;
We are glad that you are joining our extended family and hope that you will consider coming to be with us at the Rally in Goshen. Also consider joining the Heartland Owners Club, once that is off the ground. Wishing you many happy miles and experiences with your new Bighorn.
John

HappyKayakers

Please pass along our Welcome also. We, too, bought ours from Bates RV after viewing at one of the Tampa RV shows. Wasn't real thrilled with the salesman (is anybody?) but the service dept was very good when we had to take it back for warranty work.

Eduardo37

The Grand Patriarch
Well, just a little plug for my salesman. I'm sure I made his month, if not year when I bought my 3055, but I have to say he did work with me and made me feel I got a good deal. Everyone at the dealership from GM, to salesman, to service department has been great to deal with. Russ Martin, GM, has moved on, Tommy Owen, salesman has a plaque as #2 saleman company wide, Craig, Marcos, and Billy in service have all done everything they could to make me feel important. They all work at ExploreUSA in Kyle, TX. If you're in the market ask for Tommy and tell him I sent you.

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Welcome Steve and Joanne

Pass along our congratulations to Steve and Joanne. We had first seen a Bighorn at Bates RV last year. We wound up buying a Bighorn 3055RL from a local dealer at Petoskey MI as they were the closest dealer.

We have a home near Wolverine MI and are wintering at Zephyrhills FL. As Chuck might have told you. Perhaps we could have a mini-mini Heartland Rally at Lakeland.

Tom & Sharol

Tom of Ypsi

Steve & Joanne,

Congratulations on your new Heartland Big Horn. Please consider joining us at the rally it should be a great time. There should be quite a contingent from Mich and maybe we could all wear our Maize and Blue to let others know where we are from unless you root for that other Michigan University:eek:. All kidding aside enjoy your new coach and have many happy and safe travels.

cdbMidland

Sorry that I put the wrong model number in the title. As you know, it should have read 3055.

Thanks for the comments. I'll make sure that Steve and Joanne get them.

jbeletti

Chuck,

Got a call from Joanne tonight when I was at the Chicago RV show. Thanks so much for letting her and Steve know about the forum and the rally. She said she was filling out the rally registration you printed for them and mailing it in with a check.

Too bad they don't own a computer as they may get a lot from the forum as well. They'll have a ball at the rally.

Thanks Chuck,

Jim

cdbMidland

Tom and Sharol - like the idea of a Heartland mini-rally in Florida. Only problem is that Steve and Joanne are leaving for the arctic north in Michigan next Sunday (February 25) so we don't have any time to plan anything.

We are all available to meet at Panera Bread in Lakeland on Thursday, Feb 22 at 11 AM and then mosey over to Tiki Village after lunch. If anyone else in the area would like a quick get-together, please respond on this thread and we will plan on having y'all join as well.

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Bighorn sighting....

Sharol and I took a ride to the Wesley Chapel area today and spotted another Bighorn in Quail Run RV Park on Old Pasco Road. Anyone from the forum ? If so, join us for a Heartland Owners mini rally next Thursday Feb. 22 at Panera Bread Restaurant in Lakeland FL @ about 11 AM. It's located across from the Lakeland Mall on highway 98. The invite is also open to any other owners/interested parties. We're planning on lunch together and meet afterward at Tiki Village RV Park where Chuck and Saundra (CDBmidland) and another Bighorn owner couple are staying for the winter. We didn't have time to stop in to meet the owner(s) of the Bighorn near Wesley Chapel but will try again when we have time.

Cheers.....Tom & Sharol (sislv)

Ron Schoner

Tin Star
Just got in from our first 4 day shakedown trip in our 3670 RL Bighorn. We stayed at the "Nature Coast Landing" campground in Crystal River Fl. I now know where all the Bighorns are in Florida. There was 4 Bighhorns in the campgrounds and ours made 5!

Ron

SmokeyBare

Welcome !!! Steve and Joanne Claywell

We'll Look for you both at the Heartland Rally in Goshen. You've made a great choice with the purchase of Your New BigHorn. What better way to meet new friend and visit the Heartland Factory. It should be a fun Rally filled with good RV'ers and Great food.

We're parked at Mouse Mountain RV Resort for a few Months. Mouse Mountain is near Kissimmee and Davenport area of Florida. Yes.... there's one More BigHorn in Florida this year !!!

Marv

jbeletti

Chuck,

Please tell Steve and Joanne that I received their rally registration and payment and put them in site 452.

How did the mini-rally go yesterday?

Jim

cdbMidland

Thanks, Jim - I am hoping to see them when I get back from our weekend in Naples - they are heading back to Michigan via St. Augustine on Monday.

BTW, they did buy a laptop, so as soon as they get used to it, I'm sure you will see posts from them.

We had a great time - Tom and Sharol, Steve and Joanne and Saundra and myself. We spent most of the time in the Claywell's unit and showed them several things. Now, if only their shower would empty. Their drain is slightly higher than the floor, while ours is slightly lower than than the floor. Tom thinks there is a thick gasket between the drain and the pan and suggested to Steve that he replace the gasket with a bead or silicone.

jbeletti

Chuck,

That's neat that you guys were all able to get together.

That's good news about Steve and Joanne getting a laptop. Give them my number if they need help getting a user account on the forum established.

Also, if possible, perhaps they can pre-schedule a service visit with Lakeshore RV in MI on their way back home from FL to have that drain looked at.

Jim

sjclay

Steve & Joanne
Hello I'm Steve Claywell. My friend Chuck B. just helped me sign up on my first PC. I am the new 3055 owner. My wife and I are signed up for the rally

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Congratulations

Glad to see Chuck helped you get on the forum Steve. Hope you have a safe trip back to Michigan. See you at Goshen, Sharol and I will be next door to you.

Tom & Sharol

jbeletti

Hi Steve (and Joanne),

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to meeting you both at the rally.

Have fun poking all around the forum. And don't limit yourself to just the section for your model. Explore the sections for all models as there's a lot of great discussion everywhere.

Jim