Well i finaly did it

memo

We finally did it also, we pick up our trailer from the dealer on Tuesday. A little bummed Heartland
decided to send some parts out when they shipped it out. They never really checked how they loaded
everything in the garage and did some damage to a couple of things. But other then that looks great
can't wait to get out and use it.[/QUOTEnew camper did you also get the 300c? We love ours loaded up the Chino and headed out to a
Local campground(we are here now) with hole family. I set up the rear deck for fun kids love it. Everything seems to
Work fine. Hopefully they will fix your issue on your unit. Post some pictures of her when you get it

Congrats to you also. We also got the 300c ended up getting the HD one. I will post pictures up as soon as I get her home. Have fun and enjoy her.

Overweight? Is your new Dodge the upgraded model with the 800 ft lb torque engine? You may consider reading the towing guide at http://FifthWheelSt.com.[/QUOTE
Yes I saw that site however from what I understand the megacab duelly has a payload of 3100 pounds from what I read the site however doesnot provide the capacity of the megacab. My pin wheight is 2900 lbs so in the end I don't have much payload left dodge (Dropped the ball on this one) however I do have the new engine with 800 lbs of torque. There is no question the truck can pull the camper I just wish I had knew this before I bought the truck but it's too late.
The dually has a 3/4 tonne payload capacity(basically). I'm heading to Bristol kentucky end of the month with 4 220 lbs guys to nasscar race I will be definitely overloaded by 1000 lbs. In the end I bought a 3/4 tonne truck on this chassis with duel wheels.

DW_Gray

Overweight? Is your new Dodge the upgraded model with the 800 ft lb torque engine? You may consider reading the towing guide at http://FifthWheelSt.com.[/QUOTE
Yes I saw that site however from what I understand the megacab duelly has a payload of 3100 pounds from what I read the site however doesnot provide the capacity of the megacab. My pin wheight is 2900 lbs so in the end I don't have much payload left dodge (Dropped the ball on this one) however I do have the new engine with 800 lbs of torque. There is no question the truck can pull the camper I just wish I had knew this before I bought the truck but it's too late.
The dually has a 3/4 tonne payload capacity(basically). I'm heading to Bristol kentucky end of the month with 4 220 lbs guys to nasscar race I will be definitely overloaded by 1000 lbs. In the end I bought a 3/4 tonne truck on this chassis with duel wheels.

I got the information at the following link: http://www.ramtrucks.com/hostc/vsmc/vehicleSpecModels.do?modelYearCode=CUT201115

Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) - Maximum 10500 lbs.
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) - Standard 10500 lbs.
Payload Capacity - Standard 3020 lbs.
Towing Capacity - Maximum 18450 lbs.
Towing Capacity - Standard 11350 lbs.

The only reason the numbers are so low for the Mega Cab is the 3.42 rear axle ratio. The drive train (except the axle ratio), axles, springs and brakes are the same for all RAM 3500s. If you could upgrade your axle to a 4.10 ratio you would be in great shape. But with the power you have, you may be just fine and you should get better fuel mileage than most of us.

But, that will not change the numbers on the certification label.