Well, we made it

Bobby A

Arrived at our winter c/g in port Richey Fl. yesterday afternoon, and what a HOT one we arrived to, record temps the last two days. After that mis hap with the ubolts and spring center pin snapping, the rest of the trip went uneventful. Thank GOD !! When we would stop for a break I would check the tires for wear and heat and also check the u bolts ( I guess I'm a little parnoid) but I do notice that the tires G614's seem to have a rubber like dust on the tires, is this normal ?? We are travels on mainly pavement and ashfault at 60 plus miles and hour. I guess I'm just a little conserned. If the tires are not balanced would this cause this ?? I purchased the tires as an option from the factory when I ordered the coach, so I'm not sure if they balance them, probably not. Any thought anybody ?? Thanks

rick_debbie_gallant

Bob

glad to here you made it. What happened to your Axel? Guess I better check mine also. As far as tire dust just don't know about that one. We have the china bombs but had them balanced before we left
home. We are now in Texas (Dallas) no dust at all so far. Tires
at 110 and running cool.

Tell me about that axle again.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Glad to hear you made it. We arrived in Melissa TX Friday week and about all we have had here is rain, rain, rian.. Today was nice and we are spending the day with DD and family..

About the tires.. When I had the springs break on my BH the Lippert repair guy said it would be a good idea to have them balanced because the shocks were bent and had to be removed. They also really don't help much because they are mounted at a bad angle..

I balance my trailer tires..

BC

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Bobby, any time you pull off for a break, your trailer is turning. On turns these tires kind of skid around corners. So you will see something that looks like what you saw. I don't know for sure about your tires being balanced from the factory but I doubt it. I have had my tires balanced and I think it's a good idea to do so.
Have fun in FL.

Peace
Dave

jnbhobe

Bobby; The tires are not balanced unless you did them. As far as the dust, are you sure its rubber or just dust or sand from the road or brakes. You could go to the parts store and buy a tire depth guage and check to see if the tires are wearing even. JON :confused: :confused: :confused:

Bobby A

Bobby; The tires are not balanced unless you did them. As far as the dust, are you sure its rubber or just dust or sand from the road or brakes. You could go to the parts store and buy a tire depth guage and check to see if the tires are wearing even. JON :confused: :confused: :confused:

HI Jon,

When I had the u bolt mis hap, I had the repair facility (Heartland Dealer) check the tire tread and wear, and the tech said all were wearing normally. On the tire dust, it sure does appear to my feel that it is a rubbery like dust on the tires, I could be totally out in left field about this but as I stated in my original post I could be a little parnoid and traumatized over the spring/u bolt issue. So I was checking my tires every stop.

lwmcguir

Might want to measure the distance between the axles and check the distance to the front of each from the pin. You can probably tell if you are towing perfectly straight however. Are the tire temperatures about the same when one side isn't affected via sunlight? Just some thought regarding feeling warm and fuzzy. If everything is good you probably are OK.