We're New Members

JMVford

retired Maryland Chapter Leaders
We just wanted to jump in ad introduce ourselves. We are new owners of a Heartland Big Country 3250TS.
We are very excited as it is our first fifth wheel. We have had travel trailers in the past. We are so new that we pick up our unit tomorrow morning. We are looking forward to meeting other Heartland owners.

We are:

Mike and Jodi Vanderford
Glen Burnie, MD.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Welcome to the forums! When you go to pick up your new rig, don't be in a hurry to drive off with it. Do a thorough PDI of your own with their service tech in tow. Do not, repeat, DO NOT accept any malarckey that "we've already checked it out for you." Test and operate EVERYTHING, look at all appliances and surfaces. Document anything that you are not happy with and get it fixed before you leave, if you can. If it requires parts, make sure the dealer orders them. Don't be afraid to have them remove the basement panels after you've run the water faucets, shower, etc., so you can look at the plumbing. Make sure you're familiar with all operating controls and appliances.

And if you've never hitched or manuevered a fifth wheel, have them show you how and then watch as you do it and manuever around the parking area. Good time to test the brakes and controller setting.

cjhicks

Welcome to the Heartland Family, enjoy your new BC and hope that we get to meet you at one of the upcomming Rallys !! Check out the "Heartland July Jam" July 22-24 in Lincoln, Delaware and the HOC Maryland Chapter's First Rally at Castways RV Resort in Berlin MD. Sept 9 - 11.

olcoon

Welcome to the forum & the Heartland family! I'll 2nd cjhicks, attend a rally! We attended the national rally in Goshen. This is our first rv, and that was our first rally. We were blown away! We met the nicest people...no, we met the greatest people! Had a great time, learned a lot, and looking forward to the next rally. You'll learn a lot on here.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hello again Mike & Jodi! I sent you a welcome email last night and just want to say welcome again. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help make your owners club experience a great one and by all means join us at a rally soon so you can meet some of your new family!

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Jodi & Mike--Hope you received our welcome e-mail which we sent last evening. We want to echo Deb's message and to let you know to feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have. We look forward to meeting you real soon. Welcome to the Heartland family.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Mike & Jodi, Welcome to the Heartland Family & Forum. I see this is your first post but I also see that you are members of the HOC. Enjoy your new Big Country.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Welcome Mike and Jodi from your close Virginia meighbors. Hope to meet you in either Deleware or the Maryland rallies. Check the rally listing on the forum Portal page. There's also a rally at Cherry Hill RV Park in College Park, MD, Aug 12 - 14. It looks like a smaller group, but a lot of fun will be had.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Welcome and what a great coach you have in the 3250. We had our 3250 for 6 seasons before getting our new Big Country 4 weeks ago. Enjoy and travel safely.

jjriker

Hello Mike and Jodi!! Congratulations! :) I know how exciting this is, having been in your shoes just a few weeks ago when we also picked up our new (and first) fiver. I will pass on to you the best advice we were given - take your time and make all your moves slow and easy. I hope your start with your new fiver goes very smoothly!