Were there any years where there were major changes in construction.

Garypowell

I know I opted for the 2008 model year since they introduced laminate floors. Others may know other advances.

I think the most important thing, if you are buying used, is how did the previous owner take care of the unit. You can have the greatest tech in a unit but if poor upkeep......

wdk450

A biggie is when (on the BIghorns) they redesigned the front of the frame to mitigate the frame flex problem. If the front storage compartment door is vertical to the ground it is pre-fix; if the front compartment door is angling forward some it is post fix.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I also recommend getting a model year after hydraulic front jacks were introduced. (2011 or later??) They are much faster than the previous electric front jacks. IMHO Trace

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The major undates that I can remember is. The drop frame, 2-4-6 point landing gears, Disc brakes, heated tanks and slide floors, GY tires, slam baggage doors, roof and insulation R values....the list goes on every year. Some things are an option...some are standard. Depends on the what you want to spend. A BH is not far from a LM. Kinda like a Buick to a Cadillac.

donr827

A biggie is when (on the BIghorns) they redesigned the front of the frame to mitigate the frame flex problem. If the front storage compartment door is vertical to the ground it is pre-fix; if the front compartment door is angling forward some it is post fix.
Are you talking about the door itself being either vertical or angled or are you referring to the side paneling at the front cap?Don

wdk450

Are you talking about the door itself being either vertical or angled or are you referring to the side paneling at the front cap?Don

Here are 2 pictures: The old style (frame flex) on the left, the new style (frame flex redesign) on the right.

old style bighorn.jpg newer style bighorn.jpg

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Our Bighorn is an 07 built in June of 06. Earlier trailers had aluminum floor trusses. Our 07 has wood floor trusses except for the bedroom which still has Aluminum. It also has Aluminum roof rafters and where the front & rear A/C units sit, those rafters are doubled for support. After the 07 came the laminate floor and roof but I can't be sure of the timing.

The frame on 06 and 07 trailers was a straight frame from rear to the front storage compartment. 08 started the dropped front frame. The 3400 series trailers and under had 10" I-beam frames with a 14,000# Capacity and anything 3600 and up had a 12" I-beam frame and a 16,000# Capacity.

Bobby A

If I'm not mistaken our 2010 was the first year for the Styrofoam style one piece roof, it was proven so good that a year or so later they started putting it on the Landmarks.