Westlake tires no better than Towmax

KFPD404

I was one of the lucky ones this time . My Rig is a brand new 2016 .I have only made my second trip and with the miles I traveled and with delivery from the factory my guess is about 1000 miles . Westlake tires are another imported cheap tire from China that I cannot even find a dealer for in my state . So I guess I just bite the bullet and order new tires on a brand new trailer . I think If had it to over again I would have made the dealer change the tires out as part of the sale . Such Junk. Other than that all is good so far .

Attachments

• tire_3197.jpg
    tire_3197.jpg
    623.1 KB · Views: 61

HornedToad

I never seen Westlakes on a Heartland???

My Voltage came with E rated Westlakes that I ran for a year without a problem, then replaced with Sailuns to move up to a G load rated tire.
Only a few reports of Westlake issues on the Dutchman forum, no blowouts that I recall... the Dutchman TowMax is the Akuret.

I recently saw Westlakes on a new Jayco 5er and Grand Design uses 16" Westlakes on their 5ers and 17.5" Westlakes on the toy haulers.

justafordguy

I've never even heard of Westlake tires but I think all of the ST trailer tires have weak sidewalls and are just asking for trouble on a heavy trailer.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have never seen Westlake tires on Heartland. I wonder if the dealer switched them on another brand of trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MCTalley

I've seen Westlakes on a Cedar Creek recently. We were parked next to it in Nashville before the rally and I was curious what tires they put on Cedar Creeks (since they're supposedly all high-end and stuff). A quick Google search turned up some not so nice comments regarding their longevity similar to the OP above.

I just again recently saw some on a trailer at the rally, I think. I can't remember whose. Possibly were replacements.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I saw Westlake tires on several 2014/2015 Heartland trailers about a year ago when I was looking around a dealership's lot.

The other Heartland's mostly had Tow King (aka- Power King) tires . . . which I believe are BlowMax tires with a new name on them (who do they think they are kidding?).

KFPD404

I have the Wilderness 2850bh it is 2016 model and there was no tire switch was there when it rolled in from the factory . I did some searching on other forums. no one has anything good to say about them