What' Big Adventure do you have planned???

Kbvols

I thought it would be great to hear what big trips or adventures everyone has planned for the summer or perhaps have already taken. Where you heading? Where did you go to? What sights do you plan to see or activities planned? ...our big adventure is taking us to Myrtle Beach...planning fun in the sun..:cool: Perhaps find a few cool restaurants on the beach...let us know if you have recommendations. We'll be traveling down from Ohio so plan on spending a day in Mt Airy, NC . We are still open on return route may go over to Asheville, NC and hit the Biltmore just not sure yet. Was trying to avoid A vacation without going thru Cincy and Dayton.

Anyway lets hear where you all are heading or may have been.....

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
My big adventure this summer is to get surgery for a cancerous Lymph Node (2 reoccurance) removed and then get healthy again. Thank God for MD Anderson Cancer Center and my medical team. BTW we will be staying in the RV close to the Hospital during the treatment period.

Snow

If you want to have a great time and be around a lot of people ocean lakes is the campground you want ,let me know I can hook you up with a golf cart at a reasonable price for the week . Lakewood is not bad either right beside ocean lakes ,
As for our trips a week at Bethpage on Memorial Day weekend and then a week at camp hatteras and a few short local trips , ⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️

Kbvols

Jmgratz that certainly is a big adventure and I sure hope all goes exceptionally well for you and a speedy recovery!!

Snow we have reservations Ocean lakes. Certainly interested in a golf cart let me know we will be there 7/21 to 7/25

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
If you're an oyster lover check out biminisoysterbar.com in MB. We surely will! We have reservations there for 3 weeks in September.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MTPockets

We left Florida in April and worked our way sloooowly West to AZ, then North thru UT, and Yellowstone. Arrived Buffalo Bill State Park near Cody, WY on June 15th where we are Camp Hosting thru Labor Day. We'll move sloooowly South. To the HOC Camp Out in Rifle, CO then the AZ Rally in October. We'll spend next winter in Tucson.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We are spending almost a full month traveling and camping with Heartland friends. We have two HL rallies, one commercially sponsored rally, and a family and friends campout in the Steens Mountains area of OR.

Unfortunately, we can't make it to the Pacific Region Rally too. We had already made plans for that week by the time the dates were announced. The park where the rally will take place will not allow us to have our German Shepard, so we probably wouldn't have made it there anyway, but it would have been fantastic if we could have fit that rally into our schedule. I don't know if we could survive 4 rallies, but it would have been fun to try!

Jim, we hope your surgery goes well. It can sure ruin a summer.

Kristy

dbbls59

As soon as I get recovered from knee surgery (stiches to come out Friday) and get the Big Country out of the shop (repairing fresh water tank leak and installing a new roof) we'll be off to Rio Rancho, NM to visit our son and family, then on to California to see the giant Sequoias.

Snow

😤
Jmgratz that certainly is a big adventure and I sure hope all goes exceptionally well for you and a speedy recovery!!

Snow we have reservations Ocean lakes. Certainly interested in a golf cart let me know we will be there 7/21 to 7/25
I will find something out in the next couple of days , a friend owns some rental in there and has a few carts .i will let you know ⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
We recently returned home from 10 weeks out and about. Left PA on 3/24, experienced morning lows as cold as the lower teens, frost many mornings even into May, had high temps in the 90's but only a few days of rain although we were snowed on twice. Highlights of the trip included stops in St Louis, Branson, Dodge City, Great Sand Dunes NM in Colorado, visit family in Canon City, CO, visit friends in Eagle,CO, Moab's national parks, back to CO to Mesa Verde and Durango, the four corners, Monument Valley, Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon, visit family in Phoenix, visit my sister in Vegas, up to western MT to visit friends in Missoula, spent 2+ weeks visiting with our son near Whitefish camping at Tally Lake and Apgar, GNP before heading back east along the RT 2 corridor to the Mackinaw Straits in the UP of MI. From there we headed home down through MI to OH and back to PA. The BH and SD performed well. The DW and I saw a lot of new country as well as revisited some from years past. Already planning our next great adventure!

Kbvols

We left Florida in April and worked our way sloooowly West to AZ, then North thru UT, and Yellowstone. Arrived Buffalo Bill State Park near Cody, WY on June 15th where we are Camp Hosting thru Labor Day. We'll move sloooowly South. To the HOC Camp Out in Rifle, CO then the AZ Rally in October. We'll spend next winter in Tucson.

Now that's a huge adventure!! Some day I hope to do the same. Travel safe!

ILH

We're planning a trip to Lake George (NY) area followed by a stay at Turningstone. Should be very relaxing.

MCTalley

Our big adventure this summer starts near the end of July as we head out west from Nashville to Lake Chelan, Washington. We're meeting up there with our daughter, son-in-law and two granddaughters. They're bringing their travel trailer, and if it works out, their boat. We'll spend 10 days camping with them before heading back east again. We plan on doing some sight-seeing each direction as it works out.

Lou_and_Bette

My big adventure this summer is to get surgery for a cancerous Lymph Node (2 reoccurance) removed and then get healthy again. Thank God for MD Anderson Cancer Center and my medical team. BTW we will be staying in the RV close to the Hospital during the treatment period.

Jim, any plans we have this summer pale in comparison to yours...Bette and I wish you all the best and will keep you in our prayers...stay strong and get well quickly

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have been house and dog setting for family. Will leave on June 30th for Oregon to visit a cousin. Going to Calgary , Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper, Vancouver then back into the US. From there on not sure.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
No big trips for us this year (did South Dakota last summer).

We spent three nights starting Memorial Day 2014 at Cheyenne Mountain State Park in Colorado Springs, then moved a few miles up the road in the mountains to the Colorado HOC 2014 Spring Rally for the second three nights of that trip.

Next weekend (July 4th) we are going to St. Vrain State Park near Longmont, Colorado for three nights . . . close by the house so not a big drive.

The first week of August we have a spot reserved along the river in Estes Park for seven nights.

Then, for our season finale, we will be attending the Colorado HOC Rally at Rifle Gap State Park on the western slope of Colorado.

We have five nights reserved there, but am thinking about adding another night or two!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Headed from Texas to Colorado for a few weeks of cool fun with 4th of July in the middle. Base at Colorado Springs-- to ride Pikes Peak Cog Railway and Royal Gorge Scenic Railroad. Then to Breckenridge as base #2, as we ride the Leadville Colorado & Southern railroad, and Gerorgetown Loop Railroad.

Will also see our Heartland friends, Dan & Ann Mayer, as we are in Breckenridge at the same time.

After we return, we start another adventure, as DH has accepted a position 3 hours from home. So, we'll be living in the RV near the new employment for the time being, until we decide what is best for us long term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottyb

I guess "Big" is a matter of perspective, but two weeks is about all I can squeeze since one of us is still in the work force. We are heading to Utah in Oct. Monument Valley, Kodachrome Basin, and Zion. Hope to do day trips to Bryce, Capital Reef, and Grand Staircase. Then we head down to Lake Havasu for a boat race. We will drop the Cyclone at Firebird Raceway in Chandler, AZ (now Wild Horse Pass Race Park), dead head back to Austin to work for two weeks and return to the Cyclone for the World Finals in Nov.

Seren

Leaving on Friday for our first real trip in our new Landmark, which also starts our life as fulltimers. Leaving Panama City, to Orlando, then Jacksonville to pickup our grandaughter. Up to Pigeon Forge, then over to Williamsburg, Va, back down to Jax to drop off our grandaughter. Ok, thats the first week... joking (mid-Aug). After that, then our "true" fulltiming adventure begins and haven't decided yet, I guess where ever we feel like going. However, will be heading out West next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sunset4k

Erika, sounds like your life will be filled with adventure for a while!! Colorado in the summer sounds wonderful!! We just returned from a week's trip to South Texas with some RV friends. Will be home until End of July, then we plan to head out to the black hills, mount Rushmore, crazy horse, etc. Soo looking forward to seeing that part of the country!!! Have fun in Colorado! !!