What brand do you recommend???

nemo45

I guess I'll just roll the dice, buy an extended warranty and keep my fingers crossed:) Please keep the comments coming, I enjoy reading everyone experiences and suggestions.

Why buy an extended warranty with a diesel? You've got 100,000 miles for them to get it right. I'd save my money or put it into some option I'd really like to have.

5erWonk

I now have a Dodge Crew Cab 3500 SWR 4X4 and love it. Previously I had a 2500 4X2 Mega Cab and loved it. The crew is 24" shorter than the Mega Cab which is nice around town but I am wondering if I have lost some stability. Not sure if it is the shorter wheel base or the 4X4 vs the 2X4, me thinks I should have stayed with the Mega Cab.

BTW the exhaust brake on the Dodge is amazing!!!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
It is an extended warranty on the powertrain...extra fee but worth it....covers injectors, turbos, engine, transmission, torque convert..negotiate the price with the dealer...and it is through Ford not some insurance company

05Winger

I have a 2008 Ford Super Duty Crew Cab/ 4x4 6.4 PSD. I pull a 2010 Sundance 287RL 5th wheel. Mechanically I have had no problems with the truck with the exception of a few recalls in which Ford took care of promptly. I do not get the mileage of my 7.3 PSD, but the 6.4 definitely pulls stronger. I have been averaging between 9-11 pulling trailer; 16-17 highway empty. Currently we only have 9,000 on the truck and have been noticing the mileage is starting to come up. The Ford pulls very strongly and you wouldn't have any problem pulling just about anything. I am giving you my statistics as I check my mileage every tank. The rest is all cosmetics and opinions. We are very pleased overall with our Ford. Let me know what you pick!