What did you do to your camper today?

RossRagan

Today I added a Furrion rear view observation system to my TT and updated my portable solar system to 300W. I'm looking forward to putting both updates to good use in coming weeks. :D

Dan & Sally Sullivan

congratulations on the sale of your home. Enjoy your travels and see you down the road![/QUOTE
Thank You, it has been a wild ride getting to this point. But so worth it.
Sally

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations. We are looking forward to our own departure date. May 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Although I didn’t heed this advice!!!! Get a dumpster! We spent too much valuable time, going to the donations sites and taking stuff to the dumpster.
Good luck!
We are going to spend a couple of weeks, of just meandering. Also we already know we have too much stuff in the trailer.
Take Care
Sally

WillyBill

Finally got around to putting some backsplash in the bathroom..."broke up the all tan wallpaper just right" said the DW.

Also pushed the delete button on the infamous bathroom faucet that one can't even wash their hands under. This one has about 2" more reach and height....just what the factory should be giving us all.
bccd38156dc0dd154f464ffc1876e6f1.jpg
1938f0bc5b2b5d7f9d5bcbeb166b22ca.jpg
2bafc928d58ed14619a9e26fa793fae9.jpg

Very Nice!!!

WB

kbausano

Today, we finished packing the 5th wheel, and left our home for the last time. We are going on a great adventure, to see this Amazing Country of Ours!

Congratulations Dan and Sally! Deidra and I are so jealous, but we’re doing our best to get to your situation :) See you out on the road!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Although I didn’t heed this advice!!!!

Get a dumpster!

We spent too much valuable time, going to the donations sites and taking stuff to the dumpster.

Good luck!

Also we already know we have too much stuff in the trailer.

Yup!

I spent 10 days in the deep freeze of January this year tossing almost ALL of my worldly stuff into a 22-foot roll off!

What I couldn't give away went in that dumpster!

Very emotional...yet liberating at the same time!

32yearsinabox-P1131688.jpg

What you don't see (but is in there)...

- Very large and fuctional Electro Voice and Peavey DJ speakers...

- Two very large commercial stereo power amps (BiAmp and Yamaha) that were way too heavy to think about keeping

- A complete B&W darkroom (including three Omega D2 enlargers and ALL accessories for those that know about that stuff)

- 15 years and over 50,000 (yes, that number is correct) rolls of developed film and proof sheets of former customers photos

- Pretty much all of my personal negatives and printed photos

- Lots of old camera gear that nobody wants anymore

- Lots of camping and RV gear I had that I found was really a waste of money

Chippendale

And I have a hard time throwing away year old Trailer Life magazines. Think I am going to print out John's "dumpster post" and paste it up all around the house to try and motivate myself.

Dwayne61

IMG_0527.JPGIMG_0534.JPGIMG_0539.JPGIMG_0548.JPGIMG_0512.JPGWell, sorry but I can't get these to rotate the 90deg,, But the 1st one is of the bedroom slide and I added 1/8"x5"x30" strips of aluminum so the rollers didn't grove the underside of the slide. Protects it from wear. Countersunk #8x3/4 screws. 2nd one is the door for the cable reel, I flipped it upside down so the little door for the cable is at the bottom to take the weight off the door. I used a piece of Velcro to hold the door open when I am reeling it back in. 3rd and 4th is the junction box for the 7 wire that I changed to a purpose built water proof box. Don't know why they don't do this at the factory, oh yah, takes a little work. Lastly I added slide toppers to the 3 slides on the BC. Can't find the picture but changed out the steps to the Lippert SolidStep. Plus added a trailer hitch just for the bike rack.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
View attachment 58702View attachment 58703View attachment 58704View attachment 58705View attachment 58706Well, sorry but I can't get these to rotate the 90deg,, But the 1st one is of the bedroom slide and I added 1/8"x5"x30" strips of aluminum so the rollers didn't grove the underside of the slide. Protects it from wear. Countersunk #8x3/4 screws. 2nd one is the door for the cable reel, I flipped it upside down so the little door for the cable is at the bottom to take the weight off the door. I used a piece of Velcro to hold the door open when I am reeling it back in. 3rd and 4th is the junction box for the 7 wire that I changed to a purpose built water proof box. Don't know why they don't do this at the factory, oh yah, takes a little work. Lastly I added slide toppers to the 3 slides on the BC. Can't find the picture but changed out the steps to the Lippert SolidStep. Plus added a trailer hitch just for the bike rack.

Great mods! If you don't mind, please PM me with the brand and cost of your slide toppers. We have a BC too, and I've been curious to find out what that costs as a DYI project from someone who has done it on a BC.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
And I have a hard time throwing away year old Trailer Life magazines. Think I am going to print out John's "dumpster post" and paste it up all around the house to try and motivate myself.

Guess where all of mine ended up?

Of course, I have every one since then, although I let my subscription lapse so I no longer am getting it.

- - - Updated - - -

Today I grabbed a few things out of the Prowler, then drained all of the water out of it (except for the toilet bowl), topped off the battery cells and took the negative wire off of the battery since it will be sitting there all lonely for at least a month and I'm flying out of town for week.

Tsys100718

Just like a house, there is always something that can use attention in an RV!

oday, I moved the hanging rods in the wardrobe closets in the front of my Trail Runner 302SLE. I have no idea why the factory mounts these at a height where only my grand-children's clothes will hang without being folded on the floor of the cabinet. So I moved them to the top of the space. I used the factory tube mounts and moved them to the top of the space. I then used 3/4 plastic conduit straps for the other side. This was necessary because the inward side of the closet has a 3/4 x 3/4 mounting block at the top. I drilled through the plastic strap and hanging rod to put a screw through to keep the rod from sliding around. Now I can hang adult size clothes without them being folded on the floor of the cabinet.

20180722_115348.jpg I rotated this pic on my computer, but the formatting didn't carry over.

Then to make MY life easier, I installed a Level Mate Pro. to help me level up my unit, since I usually travel alone or with my dog and cat. Well, neither the dog nor cat is any good at communicating when the level I previously used was reading level. Having my coach level at home made this installation very easy indeed. Once I set the parameters in the app and set level, I purposely went off level to see how close it was. I removed a 2 by from under the driver's side wheels. I had the unit set to a 1/4 inch accuracy, so the removal of the 2 by put the Level Mate App showing the driver's side of my unit being low by 1 and 1/2 inches. Which is absolutely correct. I installed the unit under the oven right next to the control panel for my tankless water heater.

20180722_115850.jpg

Not sure what's next but I am positive there will be something!

Tsys100718

I finally got the drawer fronts done for the drawers under the dinette. I think the button gives it a nice look and I really like the way the dark bronze clam shell drawer pull looks.

Resized_20180727_190554_6332.jpgResized_20180727_190607_4694.jpgResized_20180728_060213_5052.jpgResized_20180728_060222_6120.jpg

I think I did a pretty good job matching the fabric since Heartland would not cooperate and give me any information or sell me any of the fabric. It's not an exact match but it is close enough, I think.

Last edited:

RossRagan

Which 300w portable solution do you have?

I have three Renogy 100W suitcase panels; the first was the kit with a 20A PWM charge controller and the other two are just the suitcase solar panels. I figured 20A was sufficient for the three since I have not seen more than 6A from any one solar panel and my primary intent was to use them in autumn after most camp grounds around here have closed up shop for the season and when the sun will be a bit subdued as well.

- - - Updated - - -

On another note...

After an eight week wait, I finally received the pick-up topper I ordered on 21May. I had a tonneau cover previously but my Honda 3KW generator was an inch or so too tall and would not allow me to close the cover. Color match was a bit of a disappointment but I wasn't willing to wait another 6-8 weeks to send it back and have it redone.
IMG_0534.JPG

LBR

We have always done our best to raise our Cyclone tailgate when moisture is in the forecast....but sometimes the morning dew looked like it could weep in thru mounting hardware, plus the deck/aluminum around the entire edge.

Herculined it today..... tomorrow comes more hardware weatherproofing. My main concern wasn't the factory coating on entire deck itself, but water seeping at all edges. This Herculiner sealed up everything, and yes I did tighten up the handle screws before filling the heads up...lol
3a034bdea8b15e2e434c908425b27488.jpg
20b99c5cdab872bac1f1bebda16bfd89.jpg
da99a3c0387457fc7ad6494c06b6c3eb.jpg
6cedd3d2b20a370b3db3ddf490692f1b.jpg
6dd657115f0526d80c007c1c0a1a1511.jpg

hoefler

Finished the last thing on DW's list, kitchen backsplash.

Attachments

• backsplash.jpg
    backsplash.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 141
  • backsplash 3.jpg
    backsplash 3.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 130
  • backsplash 2.jpg
    backsplash 2.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 131

david-steph2018

We added the "Caution" decal after our return home from down south this past June. Yes we had issues with individuals coming up and cutting us off while trying to turn. Hoping that these individuals can read.
Our friends Mark and Linda Comer made the decal for us and installed it over the weekend. Mark and Linda makes decals at different rallies and own a Landmark. They have made different decals for individuals, and do a great job at this.

Attachments

• rear view.jpg
    rear view.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 104
  • rear view 2.jpg
    rear view 2.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 120

Bones

We added the "Caution" decal after our return home from down south this past June. Yes we had issues with individuals coming up and cutting us off while trying to turn. Hoping that these individuals can read.
Our friends Mark and Linda Comer made the decal for us and installed it over the weekend. Mark and Linda makes decals at different rallies and own a Landmark. They have made different decals for individuals, and do a great job at this.

Nice decal.

- - - Updated - - -

We have always done our best to raise our Cyclone tailgate when moisture is in the forecast....but sometimes the morning dew looked like it could weep in thru mounting hardware, plus the deck/aluminum around the entire edge.

Herculined it today..... tomorrow comes more hardware weatherproofing. My main concern wasn't the factory coating on entire deck itself, but water seeping at all edges. This Herculiner sealed up everything, and yes I did tighten up the handle screws before filling the heads up...lol
3a034bdea8b15e2e434c908425b27488.jpg
20b99c5cdab872bac1f1bebda16bfd89.jpg
da99a3c0387457fc7ad6494c06b6c3eb.jpg
6cedd3d2b20a370b3db3ddf490692f1b.jpg
6dd657115f0526d80c007c1c0a1a1511.jpg
Nice job on the liner. I'm considering this in my neck area where the stones dirt and stuff beat the plastic.

Fox

We recently purchased our BigHorn and as we didn't have a place (at home) to park it I put it in a nearby campground (just so as to plug it up and look for problems BEFORE we went anywhere). Today I transferred another load of supplies out to it. Then the skies opened up.

So while waiting for the rain to let up I feel asleep; an hour later I felt so much better. My first living experience in it.

And we did ID several minor problems, Monday it goes back to the dealer for a better "final".