What did you do to your camper today?

jbeletti

Today I started the process of preparing for our fall trip:
  1. Brought the Bighorn home from storage
  2. Re-measured the height of the unit when hooked to the truck for travel - 13'4"
  3. Greased the suspension
  4. Added vent tubes and valves to the fresh water vents. I am hoping this will reduce fresh water loss while traveling. I put loops in the vent tubing, I hope that will be enough. I added the valves while I was under there, in case I need to use them.
  5. Re-torqued the lug nuts on the RV wheels and re-torqued the bolts on the new pin box I installed a couple of weeks ago.
  6. Replaced the 50 amp breaker on the hydraulic system to reduce the stop-start issue.
  7. Discovered a missing vent cap on a plumbing vent on the roof. Ordered a new one.

Next up:
  • Lubricate the slide seals, slide rollers and slide mechanisms.
  • Sanitize the water system and flush and prep our water filter.
  • Try to fix the black tank flush system.
  • Get back behind the basement wall and quiet the water pump again. I had it pretty quiet with some foam shims. However they must have become dislodged on the many bump roads we traveled on our spring trip.
Nice Alan.

I have to say to all, I really love it when I see owners sharing what they are doing to their Heartland RVs. It goes a long way to inspire others to do things to their units to make them work even better for them. And not only inspire them with ideas but also with the confidence that they can tackle some of these.

Thank you Heartland community!

uncledon

Her chauffeur
So right Jim! I love reading/seeing what others are doing. Gives me ideas. DW isn't so keen on it as it generally involves spending $. LOL

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jbeletti

So right Jim! I love reading/seeing what others are doing. Gives me ideas. DW isn't so keen on it as it generally involves spending $. LOL

Sounds like you need to do a mod or two that the DW will really want/like. How about adding some automatic lighting in a dark closet or cabinet? :)

Thanks for sharing your mods. You don't pick easy ones and you get it done!

CoveredWagon

Love it - looks like you added a piece of backer to mount it at that height too. Nice work!

Wife does too 😁. Our island on the 3270 has only a sheet panel on that end of the island, and as you pointed out at the MI rally I did add a 1xsomething to back the rack.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
We repacked our bearings in preparation for our trip south to California next week for the Pacific Region Rally.

Rod

orion7144

I have been told to stop making improvements to our 6 month old rig since my DW toured a Landmark with the split bathroom that is not made anymore. I did however convince her to let me installed the torklift steps since carrying my 70lb disabled daughter was scary with all the bounce. I am saving the old ones so I can move it to our future rig. I had already completed the 4 6V 235ah golf cart batteries, 4/0 wiring, 3kw inverter charger, and the victron BMV-712. I love these steps and feel much safer on them carrying my daughter. During the install, since I was alone, I discovered another benefit for the Andersen jack blocks. Looks like I need to order the spacer from Torklift but I have it pretty snug so not sure.
20181013_154553.jpg20181013_161602.jpg

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I have been told to stop making improvements to our 6 month old rig since my DW toured a Landmark with the split bathroom that is not made anymore. I did however convince her to let me installed the torklift steps since carrying my 70lb disabled daughter was scary with all the bounce. I am saving the old ones so I can move it to our future rig. I had already completed the 4 6V 235ah golf cart batteries, 4/0 wiring, 3kw inverter charger, and the victron BMV-712. I love these steps and feel much safer on them carrying my daughter. During the install, since I was alone, I discovered another benefit for the Andersen jack blocks. Looks like I need to order the spacer from Torklift but I have it pretty snug so not sure.
View attachment 59732

You did that the hard way.

What I did was to raise the GlowSteps with my knees up into the slot, the just stuck a screw driver through one hole on each side to hold the steps in while I put one set of screws in.

ProwlerGlowStep3-P3160582.jpg

Installed an automatic motion sensor faucet in the rear bathroom. Was a little tight working under the small cabinet but worth the peace of mind.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Finally put a liner under our mattress to keep from destroying it.

5596266392969ac6fc26f4f691922478.jpg

david-steph2018

I added the Mopeka Tank Check LPG Tank Check Dual Sensor with the Monitor Kit. I like it so far, the wife has already told me to stop playing with it. Yes also added it to the phone, can't wait to see how far away it will work!!

Next I would like to add a lift kit for under bed storage on the Road Warrior, but not sure if I can get a heavy enough lift kit. We have a king bed and I looked yesterday and Heartland used OSB board & a small piece of paneling because the OSB board wasn't wide enough. They screwed the paneling to the OSB and the framework. Got to figure something out on this, any ideals out there?????

After the bed lift kit I am thinking of the E-Track for the garage.

Bob.jr

That looks good. I need to do that also. What did you use?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Re fixed the DC short under the bed. Although I wire nutted , electric taped and zippy tied them the slide grabbed the wires again.
So I cut a piece of pvc pipe in half length wise. Drilled a hole at each end. I then heated the PVC pipe to flatten the ends. Then I sanded exit groves on the side.
Rewire nutted and capped the connection with the PVC and screwed them to the floor.
Hopefully this will last forever.
5566b1ed6c794cee4bd552ab4457ee5e.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Oldelevatorman

Changed out the leaky passenger side front jack with the new one HL sent me on our LM. Took about 90 minutes. Needed to cut a small notch at the top of the mounting bracket to allow the solenoid to spin off without having to remove the whole top of the assembly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aandaar

So we have been looking for a desk to replace one of our couches. Everything we have looked at has been particle board crap. Anything that was wood was way to expensive and would not come apart to get it in the trailer.

So I decided to have made my own desk at the local wood shop. Along with the desk They also made two cabinet doors to put over the useless shelf’s next to my side of the bed.

Before
8a0448e16ac8dafc81eb1fb0be71ff78.jpg

During
4b431f3d3eafc8bed1b72d5338bb1147.jpg

Done
23c02ce91fbbb80a258f66768d7a6227.jpg

Before
5ebb119cb5c74039b4d07264d28fc268.jpg

After
0f18256dc5b8d183b39c1dfb5ca80466.jpg

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Looks great!! We love our desk we put in the same location in our Big Country. I used pieces from Ikea.
ae73aff1dce0590d278ba1e62c269f93.jpg