What did you do to your camper today?

txtinman

Are the sensors screwed on the valve stem.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Yes they are. I opted for the flow thru sensors so I could air up the tire without removing the sensor. If you are interested in them, there are a lot of video reviews about them.

Mike

carl.swoyer

Yes they are. I opted for the flow thru sensors so I could air up the tire without removing the sensor. If you are interested in them, there are a lot of video reviews about them.

Mike
Mike I'm currently using my Valor TPMS that came with our 2012 Landmark. I have them on my truck as well, but I have chosen to sell the 2500 HD and update.
The new truck will have there own. So I might consider a new system for the RV. I can stick with the Valor but sensors are 50$ to purchase plus paying to install as them. I also have three sensors that are intermittent.

txtinman

Mike I'm currently using my Valor TPMS that came with our 2012 Landmark. I have them on my truck as well, but I have chosen to sell the 2500 HD and update.
The new truck will have there own. So I might consider a new system for the RV. I can stick with the Valor but sensors are 50$ to purchase plus paying to install as them. I also have three sensors that are intermittent.

My truck has its own sensors as well. The $50 price for each sensor seems to be the norm with other brands as well. If you are paying for install I'm guessing yours are internal sensors? My motorcycle and truck both have internal sensors which makes it hard to fix if they go bad. On the other hand, no one can steal them like the screw on type.

Mike

carl.swoyer

My truck has its own sensors as well. The $50 price for each sensor seems to be the norm with other brands as well. If you are paying for install I'm guessing yours are internal sensors? My motorcycle and truck both have internal sensors which makes it hard to fix if they go bad. On the other hand, no one can steal them like the screw on type.

Mike
I heard that some have an anti-theft device.

orion7144

First time washing the 5th wheel before dropping off at the the storage lot for the winter. Used Camco wash and was not happy wit it. Ended up using dawn to get the black streaks off. Not sure if I want to invest in a cover yet.

Man those bugs on the front cap are a bear to get off.

20181125_121441.jpg

carl.swoyer

First time washing the 5th wheel before dropping off at the the storage lot for the winter. Used Camco wash and was not happy wit it. Ended up using dawn to get the black streaks off. Not sure if I want to invest in a cover yet.

View attachment 60072
Dryer sheets work great

Chippendale

View attachment 60072

Try a product called Bugs N All

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&k...argid=kwd-394419124069&ref=pd_sl_8u5dfpvrk7_e

This reminds me that the front of my truck needs a dose of it right now. Easy to use, spray on, let sit a few seconds and wipe it off.

mlpeloquin

Through the California central valley, the desert heat, then cross country through Ohio to Massachusetts to Florida then back to California. 11k miles and three months. Did not have a chance to clean until we got home. The bugs were horrible. Bug-N-All did a fantastic job in about an hour. This was some really baked on and caked on stuff. By the way it seems to take care of that road tar as well.

LBR

Removed the CY loft vent. It was the manual raise/lower/on/off type that we "could almost reach before throwing out our backs".

Relocated the galley vent that is remotely operated from the monitor panel back to the loft and extended the wires....now the loft dome lift and fan are controlled from the monitor panel.

Installed the top.o.the.line automatic temp/rain sensored Fantastic Fan onto that gapping 14" square hole I had left in the galley. Used ~12' of putty tape and 1.25 tubes of Dicor self leveling caulk for both vents.

We have a remote temp sensor at the ceiling between those 2 vents....temps can be upwards of 10° hotter during days up there than at waist level. We boondock, so venting the trailer during very warm days without AC is a priority for us and our 8 fur babies. Now gotta rest my knees and butt for a couple days.

carl.swoyer

I'm wondering if you all think I should tile up the left side of the window or stop where it's at in the picture.
Decided to upgrade our backsplash. All that's left is a few cuts and then grout.
The original one was glued to the wall with silicone. I used a putty knife and it pulled off in one piece.
5a540ceeb06ffc8bc06dbe1b1d34ffeb.jpg
2d2e99d91e468b5c7ffde4f5b0ab1f8f.jpg

5972445ac550e030c2a6c5707e98ae3b.jpg

Last edited:

carl.swoyer

I'm wondering if you all think I should tile up the left side of the window or stop where it's at in the picture.
Decided to upgrade our backsplash. All that's left is a few cuts and then grout.
The original one was glued to the wall with silicone. I used a putty knife and it pulled off in one piece.
5a540ceeb06ffc8bc06dbe1b1d34ffeb.jpg
2d2e99d91e468b5c7ffde4f5b0ab1f8f.jpg

5972445ac550e030c2a6c5707e98ae3b.jpg
Ok we decided to go ahead with the tile up the left side of the window.
c1ed92338978861b58a4aca7f7fb06a0.jpg
afc81f89c5c11c28c546733aca9fb4c0.jpg

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Ok we decided to go ahead with the tile up the left side of the window.

Looks Good!
We dressed up our kitchen and bath backsplash too although I used the sticky tiles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjr6150

Ordered this off Amazon only works with the Vair 400P-RV & 450P-RV. Should come in handy if we have to quickly winterize and head back home from Texas
90145_rv-winterization-kit-600x600.jpg

Last edited:

uncledon

Her chauffeur
Had some minor paint flaking along the edge of my kingpin cover. $9.75 with Amazon Prime and about 15 minutes of work. I like it!
364a34ec023102b3b6a4f4b904563ba6.jpg
0102e285cf5d9006e4142b538ada0c05.jpg
9a406072af2d8c60ddf53af4bdd8560d.jpg
1511f48a4d65070b4edbcdf7e812fc3d.jpg
fb0ab61924775cc30001b6899f45fb3b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Had some minor paint flaking along the edge of my kingpin cover. $9.75 with Amazon Prime and about 15 minutes of work. I like it!
1511f48a4d65070b4edbcdf7e812fc3d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That trim you added around the cover edge is really cool. Trims out the look and removes any hard edges to the skin (read: scalp :).