What did you do to your camper today?

MagnoliaTom

Put my hitch into the new truck. Luckily I was able to remove my old hitch (and the airbags) before I traded it in. Going to wait on installing airbags until after I tow with new TV. May not need them as the payload is 5408 lbs. on the F350 vs 2924 lbs. on the F250.
I'll probably install the airbags anyway, just cuz

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Just hitched up the trailer (in the rain) . . . getting ready to drop it off at the repair shop.

Took some before pictures . . . I'll take some after shots tonight or tomorrow morning.

jnbhobe

I am going to reinstall my JT' Strongarms that I took off when I got Level-Up a long time ago. Thanks Duane.

All done it worked out perfect.

Last edited:

Miltp920

Put up backslash in kitchen....ready for Mothers Day. Camping next weekend, will be nice to enjoy. The simple mat glue stuff was the goods. kept mess to minimum. DW found this before we heard about "simple tile". Glass and Slate make it look pretty good. Still need to finish mortar and trim with caulk.

20150509_141617.jpeg20150509_141735.jpg20150509_141551.jpeg20150509_141541.jpg20150509_160131.jpg20150509_141533.jpg

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired

JohnD

Picked up the trailer tonight just as a snow storm was getting fired up . . . man, what a difference a good set of axles, springs and brand new wheels and tires makes!

With the rain and the snow I didn't get any good shots of the work . . . but here is a before and an after shot:

AxleRepairBefore-P5090649.jpg AxleRepairAfter-P5090654.jpg

It pulls like a dream and no more bouncing around back there!

Trailer's got about five inches of snow on it since I got home this evening!

MagnoliaTom

Hook up camper to the new truck to make sure I got the hitch set up right. 8" clearance to the bed (is that about right?)
Truck squatted about 2" which surprised me since my F250 squatted the same amount. So, I'm definitely putting the air bags on

AAdams

Yesterday and today I installed a Progressive hardwired EMS with 2 displays. Installed 2 new sink strainers ( I don't like the plastic ones ) and a new kitchen faucet. We had bought a faucet to put in the Road Warrior and didn't get it installed before we decided to trade for the BH so figured might as well put it in the BH instead.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I spent the weekend at the rig by myself. Sanitized the entire water system, using Sodium Dichlor instead of bleach. Applied a fresh coating of MouseFree to the undercarriage and jack legs, too. Then I shortened the vertical blinds on two of the windows a bit, since they were cut too long initially. I'll do the rest when we go back for a couple of weeks, starting next Monday. Organized the basement while I was there and assembled our patio box for the season. And I swept/vacuumed the rig, too. Also moved some gear from the rig over to the pontoon in it's slip at the marina.

JohnD

Didn't do anything to it today as yesterday (Sunday) when we got home from the Colorado HOC Spring Campout at Cherry Creek, we unloaded EVERYTHING from it because Saturday we traded it in for a new 2015 Heartland Prowler P292 5th-wheel trailer!

ProwlerOnLot-P5160719.jpg ProwlerOnLot-P5160728.jpg

We pick it up a week from this Friday . . .

porthole

Retired
Simple brake job on the Cyclone. Changed all the pads.
Weaver Gold, semi metallic.

Part number GMKD215 for the MOR/ryde Kodiak's.

dewwood

Just had Trailer Tires and Wheels in Edon, OH install five new Sailun 637's. They are good people and treated me great.

JohnD

Today I finished getting everything out of it and ran the vacuum through it . . . then drove it up to Loveland, Colorado and dropped it off at the dealership as a trade-in for our new Heartland 5th-wheel trailer that we will be picking up next Friday!

Kind of sad unhitching it for the last time . . .

Plus, it seems kind of strange being trailerless on a tradition campout weekend!

Kbvols

Today I finished getting everything out of it and ran the vacuum through it . . . then drove it up to Loveland, Colorado and dropped it off at the dealership as a trade-in for our new Heartland 5th-wheel trailer that we will be picking up next Friday!

Plus, it seems kind of strange being trailerless on a tradition campout weekend!
Sad for now but wait till next week and you hitch up to the new one...happy happy happy

Hookem59

This morning, I put an RVLock 3.0 on the door, then took her in for a state inspection. This afternoon, I put together 8 of these to use as leveling blocks (based on a post here a while back):
08760c2f8b11282ac06b0cb9bfb40f31.jpg

I capped off the day by putting a set of Timbrens on my Super Duty, and learned in the process that my passenger side seems to be sitting about a half inch lower than my driver side....

MagnoliaTom

Nothing beats that new car (RV) smell!
Have you booked a trip for the maiden voyage?

JohnD

Nothing beats that new car (RV) smell!
Have you booked a trip for the maiden voyage?

Not yet . . .

Not sure what we'll do for it's maiden voyage!

Between getting the old trailer fixed, then deciding to trade it in, we sluffed off on booking this weekend and the July 4th. weekend . . . so now it is too late!

Maybe we'll just pretend camp here in the yard!

JohnD

OK . . . we just found an open spot at the Ft. Collins/Wellington KOA for the July 4th. weekend . . .

It now has our name on it!