What did you do to your camper today?

pegmikef

Wife and I restrung 2 different day/night shades. Now I want the MCD shades even more!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
A

If you are down in Texas some time you might consider going to the factory at McKinney and having them install them. All the info is on MCD's website at mcdinnovations.com.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I really like your backsplash. Did you install that too? Nice faucet too. Is that home depot or RV store?

The faucet was found on Amazon. It happens to be a model without a sink stopper pull, which our sink doesn't use.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FM...i=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=Premier+Faucet

The backsplash is SmartTile, self adhesive "stickers" that look like tiles. http://m.homedepot.com/b/Smart-Tiles/N-5yc1vZ3wr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomsws6

Lost my mind trying to figure out how to turn on the 3 different A/C units, volume on the main tv(after an hr found the dvd player has a volume button, SMH) and still haven't figured out how to watch a dvd on the porch yet.. Good problems to have I guess.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Installed an underchassis storage box. We had one on the 2012 Big Country and really liked it for carrying things like leveling blocks, etc, getting them out of the front storage area.
under chassis storage box.jpg underchassis storage box.jpg

Chippendale

Installed an underchassis storage box. We had one on the 2012 Big Country and really liked it for carrying things like leveling blocks, etc, getting them out of the front storage area.
View attachment 36708 View attachment 36709
That is interesting, is it something you purchased as a kit and installed or did you purchase and put the individual items together as an undercarriage storage box? If you purchased it as a kit, where????

Nabo

In 2011 we got the storage box as a special offer by Lippert for the North America Heartland Owners Rally. We were hoping that Lippert would do that again this year but nay no such luck so I started shopping around and could get the boxes from Amazon cheaper than Lippert, plus at that time free shipping. There are 2 boxes on one frame that opens on each side of the camper. If you need it to include your spare tire, they also make that.
81FF1pWjqlL._SL1500_.jpg

Chippendale

In 2011 we got the storage box as a special offer by Lippert for the North America Heartland Owners Rally. We were hoping that Lippert would do that again this year but nay no such luck so I started shopping around and could get the boxes from Amazon cheaper than Lippert, plus at that time free shipping. There are 2 boxes on one frame that opens on each side of the camper. If you need it to include your spare tire, they also make that.

Nabo, thanks for the information. Even though the Amazon price is cheaper than the Lippert price, I think before purchasing one I should probably get rid of all the "stuff" I carry around and never use rather than buying something to store "stuff" I do use so I will end up with more room for more "stuff" I won't ever use. Don't think I will order one tonight, maybe later.

Nabo

That's ok George - we just really like it cuz hubby can store his wet stuff back the boxes and not as much in the front compartment.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Didn't do anything to/for the trailer, but we did get a couple of nice folding bikes from fellow Heartland Owners Tommy and Linda Sexton this evening. Nice folding Adventurer bikes (bright RED) at a great price!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Pulled it up to our summer seasonal site yesterday and got it mostly set up, other than some outside "accoutrements." Unfortunately, due to other scheduling and commitments, we could only spend the day up there and won't be able to go back until Memorial Day.. So, 7 hours driving, 4 hours setting up, made for a long day. Fortunately, extremely light traffic both ways and beautiful weather. All systems on the trailer appear to be fine.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
First thing in the morning I will be hitchin' up the Trail Runner and dropping it off on my way to work at the repair shop to get both axles and spring sets replaced/upgraded, plus five new tires and rims of a larger size so I can get a better load rated tire (D) and dumping the BlowMax's!

And, I'll be able to pick it up on my way home from work tomorrow night!

Just in time for our first HOC event of the season next weekend.

Kbvols

Replaced bearings and replaced brake magnet. Replacing springs this week as the original are almost flattened out. Will put on springs with 5 leafs vs the OEM 4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk