MagnoliaTom

Getting started ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429826392.375724.jpg

Had to remove second step since it was built on top of first tread

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429826462.532088.jpg

Installed new planks under then attached second step onto them
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429826516.049170.jpg

Finally added the new oak treads.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429826546.861640.jpg

Just wish I could have matched the stain to the vinyl better. But wife is happy, so all is good.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

jimtoo

Removed and installed a new Lasting Impressions 10" mattress today. Talk about service being fast, was ordered last Friday night, got receipt Monday evening say it would ship next day. Got mattress today, Thursday, got it unpacked and in the camper. Feels really good.

Jim M

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Very nice! There are techniques to match up different colors/stains, but it gets a little pricey for a small project like that. For something like a cabinet project, tinting a dewaxed shellac mix (home brew from flakes and alcohol) with a soluble dye and then using a compatible varnish will give you a lot of versatility in matching. If you really wanted to match the risers to the new treads, attaching some 1/4" oak plywood with the same stain/finish to the existing riser might work.

This cabinet I built is an example of the tinted shellac/varnish idea. I was trying to approximate the color of the radio/record player on top of it for the wife. In reality, it's closer than the photo.

'Lil Guy'

Finally installed the entrance window and it didn't hurt a bit. Easier than expected and sealed better than before. Was going to get a custom glass made but opted for a ready made window for $105.00 shipped.
Tomorrow I install the Steadyfast system.

Attachments

• IMG_0270.jpg
    IMG_0270.jpg
    443.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0271.jpg
    IMG_0271.jpg
    838.5 KB · Views: 78

TravelTiger

Ordered a new bath faucet. The Dura faucet (OEM manufacturer) finish is not holding up. I thought there was a lifetime warranty, but not on the finish (only 1 year.) going with a single handle style this time: Premier Faucet 126956 Single Handle Lavatory Faucet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
Ordered a new bath faucet. The Dura faucet (OEM manufacturer) finish is not holding up. I thought there was a lifetime warranty, but not on the finish (only 1 year.) going with a single handle style this time: Premier Faucet 126956 Single Handle Lavatory Faucet.

Just replaced ours. CW had one on sale that matched the galley sink pretty close, single handle too. No more squeaky levers.
And it is a little taller and I was able to set it back about 1/2" closer to the wall. Easier to use the sink now.

Bath faucet

TravelTiger

Just replaced ours. CW had one on sale that matched the galley sink pretty close, single handle too. No more squeaky levers.
And it is a little taller and I was able to set it back about 1/2" closer to the wall. Easier to use the sink now.

Bath faucet

Yours looks like the same design! Only the brand is different.

AAdams

We're packing up everything we won't use in the next 10 days and getting ready to transfer everything to the new Bighorn. Getting rid of the stuff we don't want or use anymore. How we can accumulate stuff, I don't know. Didn't think we add that much in a year.

davebennington

This mod is not as exciting as most, however it is one that makes checking the batteries a little easier. I found that if you want to check on the batteries you had to take out screws that holds the top on the box, which over time if you are like me you only put back one or two. In order to make the job easier I went to the local Napa store you will find hood latches like the ones found on early jeeps, mount them on the battery case and now it only takes a few seconds to open the battery box.

0311151106a.jpg 0311151204.jpg

dave

MagnoliaTom

This mod is not as exciting as most, however it is one that makes checking the batteries a little easier. I found that if you want to check on the batteries you had to take out screws that holds the top on the box, which over time if you are like me you only put back one or two. In order to make the job easier I went to the local Napa store you will find hood latches like the ones found on early jeeps, mount them on the battery case and now it only takes a few seconds to open the battery box.

View attachment 36402 View attachment 36404

dave

Great idea! I'm going to do the same

MagnoliaTom

Very nice! There are techniques to match up different colors/stains, but it gets a little pricey for a small project like that. For something like a cabinet project, tinting a dewaxed shellac mix (home brew from flakes and alcohol) with a soluble dye and then using a compatible varnish will give you a lot of versatility in matching. If you really wanted to match the risers to the new treads, attaching some 1/4" oak plywood with the same stain/finish to the existing riser might work.

This cabinet I built is an example of the tinted shellac/varnish idea. I was trying to approximate the color of the radio/record player on top of it for the wife. In reality, it's closer than the photo.

If I would have taken a sample of the vinyl to lowes I probably could have gotten the color a little closer or I could have gone to the paint store to have them mix a custom stain. I just bought a couple small cans of stain that I thought were close. When I did my sample pieces they weren't even close. I finally did some custom mixing using what I bought and what I had left over in the garage to get it close enough. Probably did about 5-6 variations before I said "close enough". I will probably redo it sometime down the road. It doesn't bother the wife but it bothers me.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders

we did the same thing with ours. I got ours from lowes. I couldn't wash my hands without flooding the sink area it was so close.

Miltp920

just parked it from our first weekend outing. de-winterized at the campground. Everything went really well. One down, all summer to go.

'Lil Guy'

Just finished installing the Steadyfast system on the 'Lil Guy'. He's now solid as a rock. Huge difference and instructions were easy to follow. Really tightened up the movement of the trailer. Next weekend I'll do the upgraded and longer rear stabilizers with the Steadyfast system rear hook up to them.
I'm way too old to be trying to crawl around under these things while working on my back. Debbie and I aren't speaking again. She'll get over it before we do the rear next weekend.

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
Cleaned out the front storage area (my Son was storing stuff in it) and did an inventory of hoses, electrical hookups, chairs, tables and other misc. stuff. Went to Lowes and bought a new Coleman NXT 200 portable grill that will have a permanent home on the RV. Maiden voyage is 12 days away.