What did you do to your camper today?

Miltp920

Installed a new spare tire mechanism. The old one failed, and Heartland sent me a new entire init under warranty that bolts up to the i beams. This is the best/easy way to replace one of these. Also, some how, when I was putting out the living room slide last year, the cable keeper snapped where it connects to the slide (it is just plastic), and 4 wires pulled apart at the raychem splice connectors, two speaker wires also separated. Obviously they wire the camper and the slide separately as they are built in different areas of the factory and then put together on the line. These splices were the weakest link so that is where the wires broke. I was impressed to see they use an upgraded weather proof heat shrink splice. Heartland sent the replacement cable keeper under warranty. Aired up the Carlisle 12 ply (towmax replacements). Over the winter they and the spare lost pressure to 82 pounds. It was a good day. Looking forward to camping in a week or two.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ordered plumbing parts from heartland to fix the vessel sink in the bathroom. DW woke me up this morning to tell me sink was leaking went to check it and the brass pipe connecting it to the p trap had snapped. Removed the glass vessel and cleaned up the silicone sealant off counter and bowl. Got parts on way to me overnight and hope to have them before we pull out for s tx rally tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MagnoliaTom

I replaced the lower bunk in the bunkhouse with a sofa bed. Now kids have a place to sit during the day and there's room for an extra person to sleep.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I replaced the lower bunk in the bunkhouse with a sofa bed. Now kids have a place to sit during the day and there's room for an extra person to sleep.

We we did the same thing. We had Heartland send us a matching sofa that fit right into place.

danemayer

Climbed up on the roof to check for hail damage from Saturday evening storm going through Austin. Everything looked good.

'Lil Guy'

Just ordered the Steadyfast stabilizing system for the 'Lil Guy'. Ordered Debbie's new window for entrance door from Stained Glass Inc. Installed 2 12 volt receptacals in storage bay along with the TST 507 repeater under the front of the rig.

Dave, is that a new truck. I thought you had a 450.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I got inside the camper yesterday put all the stuff in that stays In wiped everything down and vacuum . now all we have to do is put food in it an Ar. here we come..

Last edited:

Grey Ghost

:mad:Re-attached the rear end cap....Seems like when they built it, must have finished on a Thursday with the beginning of a super long weekend. They only put two screws on one side and three on the other with those three being to short to do much good. Contacted Heartland, but they said it was not their problem and would not offer any assistance to repair. I guess heartland is like all the rest....once you purchase you are on your own. Thought they were different, guess not so...:-( $2,500.00 worth of sad, but fixed and ready to go so that is good I suppose.

MCTalley

Fixed my broken theater seat recliner. A couple nights ago it decided it didn't want to recline (well, it would, but with great protest). Plus, the seat cushion seemed to lean to one side.

I disassembled it today and found that the seat part is supported by a box frame that is assembled with heavy staples shot in from the side. The pieces just pulled apart. I studied it for a while and decided some corner braces would be the best bet. Installed corner braces on all four inside corners of the seat box and added another in the back to shore up the side arm as well. Works like a champ now.

The theater seat is three sections (two recliners and the center console) screwed down to a couple 1x4's. The front 1x4 then is screwed down to the floor of the slide to keep it from moving in transit. The factory used screws that were about 1/4 inch too short to actually grab into the slide floor, so I replaced them with longer screws that did the trick.

Attachments

• 150421-05.JPG
    150421-05.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 97
  • 150421-06.JPG
    150421-06.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 150421-08.JPG
    150421-08.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 93

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
Was your theater seating secured to the floor in the back? Ours is not so if you try to get out of the recliner with the foot rest extended it tilts forward and dumps you in the floor. Ours only has one weak bracket with 1 screw in the front. I plan to add a Z bracket in the rear so I can slide the recliners back into the bracket and then secure them in the front

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Brought it back to the storage yard from the dealer after having the wheel bearings repacked, brakes, tires and exterior lighting checked, as well as getting the antifreeze flushed out. If spring ever returns to Michigan, we'll be hauling it north to our site early next month.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
I wired a light under the cabinet where the panel is located. Made it much better to see the coffee maker on the counter beneath. Oh yeah, I shot a big ol turkey while taking cover under the hitch area this morning.

MCTalley

Was your theater seating secured to the floor in the back? Ours is not so if you try to get out of the recliner with the foot rest extended it tilts forward and dumps you in the floor. Ours only has one weak bracket with 1 screw in the front. I plan to add a Z bracket in the rear so I can slide the recliners back into the bracket and then secure them in the front

We probably have different recliners. Only the rail in the front is attached to the floor (none were to begin with). It's pretty difficult to slide out of the chair with the footrest extended (though I did when it broke since I couldn't get it to retract). Didn't feel like it was going to tip over.