What did you do to your camper today?

MCTalley

I need to catch up on this thread. We've done the following to the new trailer over the last couple weeks:

Replaced main bath toilet with Dometic 320
Replaced king mattress with queen
Cut down bed platform to queen size
Put peel and stick tiles on bed platform
Hung up two toilet roll holders (one each bathroom)
Hung up two towel hoops (main bath)
Installed two corner shower bottle holders
Replaced shower head with Oxygenics model
Rev-a-shelf pull-out trash can in island
Rev-a-shelf two drawer insert next to stove
Hung up pictures, chalkboards, magnet boards
Built storage shelves in basement for grill, outdoor furniture, ladder
Hung wire shelving in front compartment for golf bags
Replaced shelves in laundry closet with wire shelving
Hooked up Apple TV, Apple Mini computer, Wii, Blu-Ray player to TV and surround system
Added gate valve to sewer outlet

jbeletti

Malcolm - you should consider starting your own Mod thread and add pictures of all these mods. Love to see your rev-a-shelf mods - especially the trash can one. Also want to see your storage shelves for grill etc.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Dropped it off at the dealer for wheel bearing repacking, brake inspection, and dewinterizing. The dewinterizing part was free if getting one of their service specials. I'll still flush it thoroughly when we finally take it to our site next month. Picked up a new 8x20 ground mat for under the awning, too. The old one had seen better days last season after almost 9 years use.

MCTalley

Malcolm - you should consider starting your own Mod thread and add pictures of all these mods. Love to see your rev-a-shelf mods - especially the trash can one. Also want to see your storage shelves for grill etc.

I might do that. I haven't even gotten around to putting them on the blog since a lot of them seem less mod-like and more accessorizing - probably since many of them we've done before.

porthole

Retired
Moved the Cyclone form the winter storage part of the driveway to the get ready for summer part of the driveway.
That involved 5 hook ups and 3 trailers to accomplish :rolleyes:

And while doing that I discovered that my new truck crane is satisfactory to R&R the hitch and that my wireless controller for the hitch airbags is not talking the the wireless receiver in my hitch.

MagnoliaTom

Sold my old tow max tires on Craigslist. Got $200 for them.
Then I bought a used splendide w/d (vented) for $300 (from CL). Now I need to work up the nerve to drill a big hole in the side of my rig.

brianlajoie

Took our trailer to our RVIA/RCDV certified tech for the last bit of warranty work.

Found out the there were two metal straps that hold the fender skirts steady that had the screw heads snapped off. This caused the fender skirts to wiggle more and eventually develope fatigue at the mounting holes. New skirts and replaced screws should fix the problem.

Had our microwave replaced. We found out that the microwave was starting a 2 minute cycle all by itself. Only was to stop it was to open the door. I think we'll leave the new microwave unplugged while not in use.

Got to close to a tree branch while on our Texas trip and damaged the slide topper. New brackets and arms and we're back in business.

Thanks to Heartland for covering the first two items.

Mrsfish

Took our trailer to our RVIA/RCDV certified tech for the last bit of warranty work.

Found out the there were two metal straps that hold the fender skirts steady that had the screw heads snapped off. This caused the fender skirts to wiggle more and eventually develope fatigue at the mounting holes. New skirts and replaced screws should fix the problem.

Had our microwave replaced. We found out that the microwave was starting a 2 minute cycle all by itself. Only was to stop it was to open the door. I think we'll leave the new microwave unplugged while not in use.

Got to close to a tree branch while on our Texas trip and damaged the slide topper. New brackets and arms and we're back in business.

Thanks to Heartland for covering the first two items.

Our microwave just got got repaired for the same issue. Turning itself off and on. Fridgidar said they knew of the problem but didn't recall it??? Really? Go figure.

HornedToad

Info on recall...

[url]//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/47947-Microwave-fire-in-my-Motorhome?highlight=microwave+recall

[/URL]
Our microwave just got got repaired for the same issue. Turning itself off and on. Fridgidar said they knew of the problem but didn't recall it??? Really? Go figure.

Mrsfish

Info on recall...

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/47947-Microwave-fire-in-my-Motorhome?highlight=microwave+recall

Oh yeah - did all of the research. Fridgidar said that Heartland recalled it, Heartland said they would not recall it as it is a fridgedar component. Our unit was 1 digit off the recall notice that was issued by fridgedar - so they offered to replace the mother board if we paid for the labor. Used our extended warranty and got it repaired. We will see if it really fixes the problem, but we also now fall into the unplugged microwave world. Not worth the worry, life is just too short.

danemayer

Oh yeah - did all of the research. Fridgidar said that Heartland recalled it, Heartland said they would not recall it as it is a fridgedar component. Our unit was 1 digit off the recall notice that was issued by fridgedar - so they offered to replace the mother board if we paid for the labor. Used our extended warranty and got it repaired. We will see if it really fixes the problem, but we also now fall into the unplugged microwave world. Not worth the worry, life is just too short.

Sounds like maybe the serial # range might need to be expanded. If you discuss the failure on your unit with NHTSA, it could help the next person. The NHTSA info including their phone # is at this link.

porthole

Retired
2 days ago, changed the bathroom faucet

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/11365-And-so-it-begins?p=416826&viewfull=1#post416826

1 day ago changed out a blown out G-114 :mad:

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...114-s-blow-out?p=416843&viewfull=1#post416843

Today hopefully re-seated the microwave for the last time :rolleyes:

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/11365-And-so-it-begins?p=416864&viewfull=1#post416864

Kbvols

Put the hitch back in truck tonight. RV will come out of storage Saturday then up to Elkhart Monday AM for some work hopefully back home the following Monday if all goes as planned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MagnoliaTom

Drilled a 4" hole into the side of the camper for the dryer vent. Sooo nervous about doing it but I was worried for nothing. Got it all installed and sealed up with no problem. Now I need to get a pan in the closet and install the washer/dryer

porthole

Retired
Well, today 4 new G-114's went on the Cyclone. And tomorrow I have Goodyear come back out and fix a leaking valve stem :mad:

MagnoliaTom

Finished installing drain pan and washer. Not a one man job getting washer into closet...no room, had to practically disassemble bed, remove sliding door, and still had next to zero clearance. luckily wife was able to help out.
Wish I had a separate door for the laundry, because that was not fun. Hope I never need to take that thing out