What did you do to your camper today?

jnbhobe

Have you hooked up yet and gone for a test ride??????

Been out of the garage 24 hours already - time to give us 2015 wide track update!

Only pulled it a mile and it is stable, big difference is that it really turns short, only have 150 miles on it not bad for 2 months huh.

whp4262

Installed the correct attic vent and replaced all of the sewer tank vents with Camco Cyclone vents. Found the black tank vent was not glued at joint behind the bathroom wall, repaired. Replaced the TV antennae. Replaced a bad cable on the bedroom slide, replaced all the seals and adjusted the slide. Now I'm working on replacing the original Radio/CD/DVD player with a Jensen AWM975.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AAdams

Greasing the axle bearings ( e-z lube ) and suspension. Before anyone says anything, no I am not hand packing, yes I know that is best. We are trading the unit in a few weeks. We also received our Progressive EMS-HW50C and EMS-RDS for the new rig.

rjr6150

Installing a Smart RV a Products evaporator fan in our Norcold 1200. Doing a product test for them. The unit was featured in both Trailer Life and Motorhome magazine couple of months ago.

Appears to be a well made item at first glance.

smartrvproducts.com

VKTalley

Traveled today fom Tucson, AZ, to Van Horn, TX. Cooked my first dinner in our new rig and start hanging pictures! Spent the last two pervious days weeding through stuff and taking two loads to Goodwill.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Traveled today fom Tucson, AZ, to Van Horn, TX. Cooked my first dinner in our new rig and start hanging pictures! Spent the last two pervious days weeding through stuff and taking two loads to Goodwill.

Let us all know how you like your new rig!

I remember when we bought our new Heartland Trail Runner in September of 2012 and we unloaded all of the stuff we had accumulated in our old trailer . . . I couldn't believe how much stuff we had in it!

We have also been having wheel bearing, spring and axle problems and are considering replacing the trailer instead of fixing it as you guys did, and we were in Phoenix as well!

Although I really don't want to all start over again as we've only had our trailer for 2 1/2 years.

I just dropped it off tonight at the repair shop for an inspection tomorrow by our extended warranty company . . .

VKTalley

John D, we had our former unit 2 1/2 years and had not planned on trading it but the time just seemed right to trade. We liked our 3690SL, but we had fallen in love with the bath and a half models of the Big Country and Big Horn. As we get settled into the new rig, I will let everyone know how we like it. :)

AAdams

Congrats on the new rig. It is amazing how much we can accumulate isn't it?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Went out to the storage yard and installed the battery. Removed the tire covers and checked all tire pressures and bumped them to 110 psi (none were below ~102). That included lowering the spare tire and crawling under the rig to check it. Methinks that BAL spare carrier might be in the future. Checked torques on the spring U-bolts. Some were below 65 ft-lbs. Raised the rear GC jacks so when I get ready to pull it to the dealer for wheel bearing service in a few days, all I need do is hitch and git.

danemayer

Methinks that BAL spare carrier might be in the future.
I don't know John. There have been some posts saying that if you plan to use the Bal, when it's time to replace the tire, you need to have a 20 year old to help. :)

HornedToad

I took my SOB to the dealer in Dallas for warranty.

I followed this thread with great interest in the maintenance/repair/replacement if the waste gate cable. My front grey tank handle was very difficult to pull. Not long after I read Bill's post about the replacement, I broke the handle off. Since this was the only issue that I was considering submitting under warranty, the detailed instructions in the post gave me the confidence to tackle the job myself and save the 700 mile round-trip for service. I ordered two new waste valves with cables and four "trap flaps" to access all the valves because my underbelly is riveted and hard to remove.

This past weekend I was all set to repair the cable myself. Just as Bill described the cable was wrapped in tight circles around the plumbing behind the UDC wall causing the tension. When I crawled up under the trailer to figure out how to install the "trap flaps" I noticed the rear off door level up jack was leaking hydraulic fluid.

I stopped right there because I didn't want to even consider messing with the hydraulics, even if it just meant tightening up a line. I figured if I was going to take it back for the leak, then I would let the dealer also fix the broken cable.

Good call on taking the trailer to the dealer for the hydralic leak. They had to replace a 30 ft line that had blistered.

I had them install the trap flaps when they replaced my waste gate cables. One trap flap blew off and another crinkled on the drive home. They may not have cleaned the underbelly and did not tape off the edges.

They did the hard part of finding the values and making the cuts in the underbelly. Now I can order some more flaps to repalce the two I lost and make sure they are stuck onto a clean surface and the edges secured with Gorilla tape.

Those flaps have got to be the best $4 I've ever spent.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I don't know John. There have been some posts saying that if you plan to use the Bal, when it's time to replace the tire, you need to have a 20 year old to help. :)

What's worse, finding a 20 yr old to work the BAL, or some 66+ old fool doing the "low crawl" to get the tire from under the rig? Anyways, I read another review on the gadget and the reviewer was bummed that his G614 wouldn't fit under his rig on it. Not sure what rig he had, but my tires are as big as a G614, and I plan on replacing them with the GY's. So, forget the BAL, hello belly crawl :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So happy I went out yesterday and worked on the rig. Although it was in the 40's and a bit windy, it was sunny and dry. Today we got snow and it's supposed to warm up to the 60's by the weekend. That'll turn the storage yard into a muddy mess.

Last edited:

AAdams

Fixed the black tank valve. It still had tension on it when I would push and pull but it would not shut. Thought something might be in the gate or the cable sheath came off. Luckily it was the sheath came out of the valve. Just put it back in and tightened the screws, tested a couple times and then fought to get the underbelly back in to the proper place.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Kenny and I started putting things back in the trailer getting ready for a rally in may. Kenny had to clean up the battery area and put things away the way he likes it . Kenny was very sick last September and I had to pack up the trailer well Jon and Ce helped me and needless to say I did not do it right but he is back and now he can do it Thanks Jon and Ce for your help. Just have a little left to do and will be ready to rally everyone have fun fun this summer..

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
I replaced the anti-siphon on my black tank flush with a Sharkbite check valve. The first time I used the black tank flush on the Ashland, the valve leaked badly. So much water came out from up in the wall that I am not even sure the valve was installed. :(

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Got the ice maker and blender put in. Now we're ready to rally!!!!!

24ziwjk.jpg