What did you do to your camper today?

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Got the ice maker and blender put in. Now we're ready to rally!!!!!

24ziwjk.jpg

Margaritas at Jamie and Gingers while in Goshen?? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Well . . . picked ours up and hauled it home from the repair shop after major axle and spring failure . . . and got the estimate for the repair!

Will be getting it fixed very soon the way it should have been when it was new . . .

The repair shop is charging us his cost on all the parts (axle, springs, & five tires & wheels + labor) . . . so now around $2000.00 from his original estimate of close to $5000.00!

'Lil Guy'

Received my new Maxxair II vent covers for all vents on my rig along with the Eternabond tape. Will be installing them this weekend, weather permitting.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Received my new Maxxair II vent covers for all vents on my rig along with the Eternabond tape. Will be installing them this weekend, weather permitting.

Those MaxxAire covers are awesome!

Took about 10 minutes to install the one on our trailer.

JackTVup-IMG_3936.jpg CheyenneMtnCO2014-IMG_2007.jpg

You can see it at right in the first shot and just in front of the AC unit in the second shot.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Picked mine up from the storage lot. Brought her to the house and started loading up for a weekend shakedown trip to the Fredericksburg, VA, KOA. She needs a bath. May hit the Blue Beacon tomorrow afternoon on the way down.

BLHFUN

Anxiously awaiting her return home. Sure wish I was camping right about now.. I need the smell of a good campfire!

'Lil Guy'

Just finished cleaning all 3 vents and the skylight in bathroom. Installed 4" Eternabond tape and then the 3 Maxxair covers. Just put the tape on the skylight.lol. Getting way to old for this roof stuff. Hence the Eternabond tape. Tomorrow I'll go back up and seal the small vents and wash the roof. I still have my strips of plywood on roof so my big a... doesn't fall through. Now, the only caulking to ever be done again is on the front and rear caps. Had Debbie help me with the cleaning and taping. We don't work well together.lol I almost had to shove her off of the roof on 2 occasions. So tomorrow I'll wash it with the one step cleaner and protector.

jnbhobe

I dropped mine off at the Heartland service center in Elkhart, we'll pick it up next friday.

jnbhobe

And how was the tow?

Towed real good, had a big head wind all the way mileage was just under 10 mpg at speed limit 65 & 70. Tons of power never shifted out of 6th gear. Return trip averaged 15 mpg at 72 mph. just turned 1K miles today.

Chippendale

Towed real good, had a big head wind all the way mileage was just under 10 mpg at speed limit 65 & 70. Tons of power never shifted out of 6th gear. Return trip averaged 15 mpg at 72 mph. just turned 1K miles today.

That mileage is good news, I have almost exactly the same truck except mine has the 3.73 gears and just turned 200 miles today. I just got my Reese mounting adapter installed this afternoon, getting the bed sprayed on Wednesday and 60 gallon aux. fuel tank/tool box installed shortly after that. My first tow will be to the S. Texas Chapter rally in Boerne, TX on the 16th. Can't wait to see how much better it tows than my old 06 2500 Chev.

porthole

Retired

That is about what I get.
Good to hear the gears don't have much of an effect.
I suspect with an even heavier trailer like a Cyclone the mileage might actually improve a bit.

How does the front end feel?