What did you do to your camper today?

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Got up this morning and no power, no heat and...... hold you breath..... no curling iron (not that my beautiful wife Amy needs any of that) so, what to do. Have no fear, Dave is here! I jump out of bed throw on my trusty cape and out the door, generator on, heat turned up, and coffee brewing..... your palace awaits.

jimtoo

Got up this morning and no power, no heat and...... hold you breath..... no curling iron (not that my beautiful wife Amy needs any of that) so, what to do. Have no fear, Dave is here! I jump out of bed throw on my trusty cape and out the door, generator on, heat turned up, and coffee brewing..... your palace awaits.

Pictures Please... Oh,,, and I hope you had more on than just the CAPE!!! :)

porthole

Retired
Put the repaired electric stab jacks back on (thanks again Dave & Eileen and ???).
And while I was at it I replaced the switch with a non momentary type and added a 5 amp breaker.

porthole

Retired
And over the weekend, while traveling north to have a campout with the Marigliano's at their home base, we got hit by a woman, on the cell phone, with blacked out windows. Alternate merge, she never saw us and hit the rear quarter of the truck and the left front and left rear of the Cyclone.
That's both sides now with several thousand dollars of damage.

dlw930

Installed a battery-powered LED strip light in the power center cabinet a la Jim B's mod since it was kind of dark in there. Did a little organizing in the basement in prep for getting a sliding storage tray at the national rally. Put room labels on the slide out switches to help the DW (and me) avoid confusion. Checked tire pressure. Checked propane tanks. I'm ready to go where it doesn't rain an inch every day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d_fergie

Park beside it when I get home from work at 8 pm, and grab a beer from the refrigerator ...(I keep more beer in the NT than the house).

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I rearranged the basement and took out some "stuff" to put on sale table at Goshen and then flushed hot water heater out. Ton of calcium came out.

Mrsfish

I rearranged the basement and took out some "stuff" to put on sale table at Goshen and then flushed hot water heater out. Ton of calcium came out.

how did you flush the hot water heater? Sounds like a good thing to do

MagnoliaTom

And over the weekend, while traveling north to have a campout with the Marigliano's at their home base, we got hit by a woman, on the cell phone, with blacked out windows. Alternate merge, she never saw us and hit the rear quarter of the truck and the left front and left rear of the Cyclone.
That's both sides now with several thousand dollars of damage.

Hope you guys are ok. Hopefully her insurance will make everything right

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
how did you flush the hot water heater? Sounds like a good thing to do

On mine I turned off power to HW and then turned water off to unit. Pull nylon drain plug out and open pressure relief valve. They make a special wand to reach up into the HW but I just use a garden sprayer to spray up into it and let it drain out until it drains clear and no chunks of calcium flow out.

I drain mine every 6-9 months or as I remember to do it.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
5/25/2015

I showed my truck topper to a potential buyer on my way home from work tonight (have it listed on Craigslist).

I need to sell it, or at least get it off of my truck by Thursday as Friday morning the Reese slider hitch will be installed while we are doing our PDI on our new 2015 Heartland Prowler 5th-wheel trailer.

TruckTopper-IMG_20141004_142131159.jpg TruckOnLookoutMountain-IMG_20141010_134015656.jpg SunCityRV-IMG_20150122_173556536.jpg TruckAtGrandCanyon-IMG_3537.jpg

I hate to see the topper go . . . had it custom made last October and it still looks (and smells) like new!

But I think I'll like the new trailer even more!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Returned to Camp Gotchurwallett yesterday for our first extended stay. Had our first BBQ last night. Today is to finish getting the site setup for the summer.

danemayer

Changed the anode rod on the water heater and checked for oil in the propane hose coming out of the regulator (was dry).

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Sold my topper today . . . now I am ready to get the hitch installed in the bed and pick up the new trailer on Friday!

Was wondering what to do with the stinky sewer hose, I went to the pipe store to look at installing a 5 or 6" pvc pipe under the unit to use as storage price was $135.00 seemed a little high to me so after a lot of thought and searching on line I came across a 5" pvc post it was about 8' long perfect length with the end caps the total cost was $36.00 and with it being square it made it easier to install on my 4100 cyclone since it had the leveling jacks I was able to use the frame work that is used for the scissor jacks behind the rear leveling jacks. I used the whole length of the post drilled holes to match the holes in the frame work for the scissor jacks installed a piece of flat metal 1"X 4 3/4" on the inside of the post drilled holes to match the ones in the post and it worked great. On the end caps that are made for the post I drilled a hole all the way through took 2 tent pegs cut them off about 3/4" wider than the outside dimension of the end caps drilled a small hole in the about 1/4" from the end and installed a clip pin. I also painted it black looks and works great..