What did you do to your camper today?

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Took it on its first trip. A weekend at Seven Feathers.... I have no idea why the photo came in upside down. Could a moderator fix that for me please?
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    793 KB · Views: 346

jbeletti

Love your new sign Nathan and Byrd. Wondering of Mark Comer will offer to make these at the Goshen rally? He'll be vending - doing stuff like this.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Went to the barn,,,opened the North Trail, had a couple of ice cold beers and listened to some great sounds....
Dakota & Cheyenne at my feet....Can't wait for Goshen.....Only need to load it up and I am ready to go....

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Got the JackTV antenna and the bedroom TV installed tonight . . .

Turns out the bedroom wall is only 1-inch think, and the screws I had in the wall of the Trail Runner were 2 1/2 inch screws, so had to make a run to Lowe's for some screws.

Also tried to install the MaxAirII vent cover I took off of the Trail Runner, but it seems the Ventline vents on the new trailer need a diferrent set of mounting brackets.

Hogladyrider

We spent a few hours starting to get a good coat of wax on our new RV, then a few hours chilling in the pool.

Waxing a 3875FB is a more than one day project, we are in our 60's so the up and down a ladder takes its toll on my knees. I apply the wax and Gary does the buffing, it is coming out great!
Susan

Mrsfish

Pulled the mattress and put peel and stick tiles on the bed platform. Whoever came up with such a simple idea is awesome. Could not believe how much easier it was to make the bed!

ILH

My son, the large equipment mechanic, replaced my single battery with two batteries. Fantastic job - wonderful son. He makes these things look soooo easy.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20150531_162440_resized_1.jpg
    20150531_162440_resized_1.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 245
  • 20150531_162510_resized_1.jpg
    20150531_162510_resized_1.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 252

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Finally got someone at Directv to bring out and install my Genie whole home dvr in the big country. We live full time in ours and first guy that came accused me of trying to commit fraud by asking him to install the system. I called directv and let them know what I felt about that contract installer and they sent a new guy this AM that was happy to do install as long as i called him with any problems in the first 30 days so he does not get in trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Finally got someone at Directv to bring out and install my Genie whole home dvr in the big country. We live full time in ours and first guy that came accused me of trying to commit fraud by asking him to install the system. I called directv and let them know what I felt about that contract installer and they sent a new guy this AM that was happy to do install as long as i called him with any problems in the first 30 days so he does not get in trouble.

We've had our Dish system at our site for 7 months, they put dish on a tripod for us. No problems at all.

Had to evacuate due to flooding, so took dish with us. Still gotta figure out how to set it up again, but know it can be done. ;)

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
We've had our Dish system at our site for 7 months, they put dish on a tripod for us. No problems at all.

Had to evacuate due to flooding, so took dish with us. Still gotta figure out how to set it up again, but know it can be done. ;)

Any other equipment they would have just shipped to me such as HD or regular DVR but being is their newest thing at the moment they want someone to come out and install and activate it so it does. It end up on eBay although there are already a ton of them on there. Mine was free due to service plan and going back under a two year contract. But the contract installer here hates rv's so that Is why I had to get ugly with DTV to get them to send some one back out. All in all I am happy with the 2nd guy and the work he did for me.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Finished waxing the Elkridge. What a chore. The DA buffer was a tremendous help. Thanks everyone for the advise on buffer/polishers from me previous thread. Looks better that the day we picked it up.

Today, I packed the wheel bearings. Looked good but I did them anyways. BUT.....I did find another issue. On our last camping trip, I noticed that the trailer brakes seemed a little weak. Actually, it was coming back from the last Heartland rally that I noticed this. Just couldn't find the problem. Then I noticed this, The wire had pulled away from the wire nut. No electric connection.
2l8wvwj.jpg

No rear axle brakes for over 300 miles. Easy fix.

MagnoliaTom

Finished waxing the Elkridge. What a chore. The DA buffer was a tremendous help. Thanks everyone for the advise on buffer/polishers from me previous thread. Looks better that the day we picked it up.

Today, I packed the wheel bearings. Looked good but I did them anyways. BUT.....I did find another issue. On our last camping trip, I noticed that the trailer brakes seemed a little weak. Actually, it was coming back from the last Heartland rally that I noticed this. Just couldn't find the problem. Then I noticed this, The wire had pulled away from the wire nut. No electric connection.
2l8wvwj.jpg

No rear axle brakes for over 300 miles. Easy fix.

What buffer did you end up with? Porter cable? What did you use for wax/polish?

Need to do mine but hand waxing is not what I want to do...especially if I can get a new power tool!