What did you do to your camper today?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Just finished installing the 24" LED TV we had in our Trail Runner into the living room of the new Prowler.

It is kind of small for that space, but it will do for now until we get a bigger one to put in it's place (probably a 37" or 40").

The the 24" TV will replace the 19" LED TV that I installed last night in the bedroom.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Today's activity will be to replace the vinyl trim along the lower front of the rig, under the "garage" door. It's falling out and cracking, so for about $7.00, I picked up a 25ft. roll. Good thing I measured before buying since it's the 1" width. The stuff on the sides is 11/16".

Maybe later, I'll weed-wack around the rig. The CG owner doesn't like to have his guys get too close when they mow. Too cool and breezy to go out on the lakes, so might as well keep busy.

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
Where do I begin? On Thursday we head off for a two week adventure taking the two 13 year old boys to Disneyworld. About a month ago we had a blowout and I had some damage done to the wheel well of the trailer. I also lost running lights to the back of the unit. Not going anywhere with out running lights and sending the unit for repair that would take weeks to do was also not an option. So I got under the unit found out that the ground wire to the back had been mangled by the blown tire. Then replaced 30 feet of ground wire and got the rear running lights working again. Took about three hours to properly place the wire in the underbelly. Added towel hooks to the shower area and the rear sink area and a towel rod in the bathroom. In addition added a 40 gallon aux tank to the Ram 3500 to double our range to at least 600 miles. Today and tomorrow I will be replacing the mangled metal skin that the blow out damaged and by Wednesday be ready to go. Will do paint work when we get back. Not bad for a weekend.

123camper

Today I got lucky! Pulling out of our campsite our class a buddy noticed we had a flat on the sundance. Aired up the tire with his on board compressor. Made it to the waste dump and it had already lost 20 psi. Changed it out in the pouring rain but no damage . Funny part of the story at breakfast I was bragging about my 5 year old "blow max" tires with 15000 miles on them. So I will be looking for 5 replacement tires tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justafordguy

Just finished installing the 24" LED TV we had in our Trail Runner into the living room of the new Prowler.

It is kind of small for that space, but it will do for now until we get a bigger one to put in it's place (probably a 37" or 40").

The the 24" TV will replace the 19" LED TV that I installed last night in the bedroom.

Hey John, That new Prowler looks awesome. Can't wait to see some pictures.

This weekend I changed out the only two non-LED lights in our Gateway. The two reading lights over the bed were so bright they would blind you so I put some nice warm white LEDs in there and now they are perfect.;)

HornedToad

I screwed my front AC Shroud back on after poppin' it off with an overhead wire. I got lucky, there wasn't any damage to the AC unit, I was able to simply able re drill and tap the mounting screws to the side of the busted out slots.

This is the second time I've hit an overhead wire in an alley, the last time I busted off a mushroom vent. I've gotta stop using my toy hauler for a moving van. I don't understand why this has happened to me twice, after dragging my roof on a tree I freak out at the sight of a branch hangin' over the road, which isn't very often in West Texas. I guess it's because the roof was $5000 and the overhead wires have only cost me $50.

I broke an overhead TV coax cable with my mushroom vent and the property owner wanted me to pay for repairs. When the cable company came out they noted the cable was stretched too low and not up to city code so there was no charge.

I'll have to start looking onward & upward!!!

Miltp920

Got it back from our 1 year warranty repair trip to the dealer. They fixed everything and washed it and returned it to us in the same day as we requested. Petes RV in Indiana, best deal, and looks like really good service!

pegmikef

Topped off batteries and continued prep for Friday departure for Goshen.

Installed a simple shoe caddy (< $10 at Walmart) in bedroom closet. Holds up to ten pair (smaller shoes/sandals). Had to move hanger rod back a couple of inches. Simply hangs from the rod and I attached it to the side with velcro.

Attachments

• shoecaddy.JPG
    shoecaddy.JPG
    181.8 KB · Views: 90

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Installed a simple shoe caddy (< $10 at Walmart) in bedroom closet. Holds up to ten pair (smaller shoes/sandals). Had to move hanger rod back a couple of inches. Simply hangs from the rod and I attached it to the side with velcro.

DW bought one these for her footwear. She can jam in a lot more than 10 pairs !!!!!

porthole

Retired
Added a DTV OTA box (over the air).
Once set up properly, the box works with the DVR to populate the channel guide and allows recording, same as SAT programs.

jimtoo

Well,, finally.. puttin stuff in it,,, getting ready to make long trip, 75 miles. Going to around Victoria, TX tomorrow,, spend a few days.. finally got some open time. Going for about 4 days and then home for a day and then to the hill country for a few days. Got to check out a couple of RV parks while in the hill country.

Jim M

dlw930

But where is Peg going to store her shoes?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Today I'm going to replace the stock (krappy junk) speakers with the same upgraded speakers that I had installed in our 2013 Trail Runner, but removed to put in our new 2015 Prowler.

I also pulled the MaxAir II vent cover from the Trail Runner, but the mounts don't match up to the Ventline vents that are on our new trailer, so I've got to see if there are some that will fit the new trailer!

I need to purchase two more vent covers . . . so I've got to figure this out before I buy!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
"Fixed" my Heng Vortex II fan. Yesterday, the two lower forward speeds quit working. Couldn't figure it out. Called Heng about a replacement switch and got the part number, but they don't sell retail. Advised that I could get it through Camping World, but after repeated attempts to get a live agent, I gave up. Even tried an email. Reading some info online, one owner replaced the resistors and got his to work. So, I removed the fan unit and tried it before disconnecting and the darn thing worked. Put it back up and no lower speeds again. For grins, I used a screwdriver and pushed the gear box up a tad through a hole in the face, and it works! I guess when I was smacking a wasp that got inside the fan (not into the rig) and was walking on the screen, I must have pushed the housing up enough to restrict the motor at the lower settings. Wasp found out what life is like in a high speed fan blade.

I love simple fixes :)