What did you do to your camper today?

'Lil Guy'

Washed the 'Lil Guy' from top to bottom getting ready for our trip with the Grand kids and daughter. He doesn't seem that little to my old arse. I'm sure glad I invested about $600.00 in that tall, do everything ladder that weighs about 50lbs. I don 't know whether I'm more sore from going up and down that thing or from moving it. Wish someone would steal it so I could get a lighter one. Every time I complained about it, Debbie said "you just had to have it, didn't you"? Doooh
On another note when we picked it up from storage, DW said to let her back it up to the hitch and for me to raise or lower for engagement. After about 5 attempts to get even close, I couldn't stand it anymore and told her to get out of the truck. I told her she should be able to get it close enough for me to direct her when she was up to it if she would just watch the rear view mirror, the center of the tailgate and the hitch. She was using the side mirrors. I'm just glad the GK's and my daughter aren't going to be at Blanco SP when we arrive and have to back it into our site. Every time we have to back this thing up I think of the original "lil Guy' hitting the gutters on the garaqe because I didn't tell her to look up.lol In the words of Homer Simpson, Doh

dlw930

Hung a wire basket from the basement wall to hold sprays cans of silicone, etc. Got the idea from an earlier post. Thanks Mike F.!
3ee954467d99a4540eee8af864e578a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Replaced the Shurflo water pump with a Flojet R4525743A 4.5 GPM VSD Pump. Went right in place and everything hooked up without any difficulty. It runs at variable speed so when the faucet is partially open, the pump runs slower instead of surging on and off.

The Shurflo was getting intermittent. Sometimes when we'd open a faucet a trickle would come out, then the pump would start and we'd get a little more water, but not a normal amount. Sometimes it would pump at full force. Sometimes full and then partial. Over the past week it became very erratic.

jayc

Legendary Member
I replaced the 50 amp circuit breaker that was slowing the opening and closing of the slides.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Scrubbed the front cap and put a coat of Nu-Finish on it. Rear cap tomorrow.

pegmikef

Scrubbed the front cap, 303ed the decal and started to rejex the rest until the sun ran me off. Will finish the rejex at 0630 tomorrow morning.

jimtoo

Traded the 3950 in for a 4200 today :)

Hi Storm1972,

Welcome to the posting side of the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

Wmnmy

image.jpgimage.jpgI installed new light fixtures and non slip over holes in steps so our furry family don't lose a toe nail..

upsmech

Took the coach to my tire guy and had solid metal valve stems installed on our rims for our TPMS, and fixed levels for parking.

'Lil Guy'

Applied RejeX to front cap of our rig. I've got plenty of ladder but you can't lean over far enough to get the top 12 to 18'. I had to get on roof and lay on my big belly to do it.. Getting way to old for this kind of work. I'll be looking for a neighborhood kid the next time. Loading up tomorrow and leaving 1st thing Sunday for Blanco SP.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Replaced the Shurflo water pump with a Flojet R4525743A 4.5 GPM VSD Pump. Went right in place and everything hooked up without any difficulty. It runs at variable speed so when the faucet is partially open, the pump runs slower instead of surging on and off.

The Shurflo was getting intermittent. Sometimes when we'd open a faucet a trickle would come out, then the pump would start and we'd get a little more water, but not a normal amount. Sometimes it would pump at full force. Sometimes full and then partial. Over the past week it became very erratic.

Dan, y'all will like that pump. Replaced ours after our second trip in 2010. Love it.

pegmikef

Applied RejeX to front cap of our rig. I've got plenty of ladder but you can't lean over far enough to get the top 12 to 18'. I had to get on roof and lay on my big belly to do it.. Getting way to old for this kind of work. I'll be looking for a neighborhood kid the next time. Loading up tomorrow and leaving 1st thing Sunday for Blanco SP.

I am too old, but I have a taller ladder and finished Rejexing the front cap and Rejexed the rear cap. Sides are next. Peggy pressure washed the sides while I was waxing so may finish tomorrow (we only have 3 or 4 hours a day for outside work because of the heat).

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well, since the ElkRidge is now our home, we had to bring a variety of stuff to the rig. The basement was chock full. Since we had a little cloud-cover last evening and this AM, we decided to do a few outside projects.

Tony set up the sat dish, but we decided since we "moved" from its initial install, we called Dish and they are coming to aim it again for us next week (no charge).

I worked to level the gravel and a large pile of dirt near the edge of our site, then we put out our largest outdoor rug over most of the gravel, creating a nice patio area.

Put the tire covers on the wheels, added the x-chocks, and put additional bottle jacks under frame for stability.

Consolidated some plastic bins of stuff and re-organized the basement, now we can find and get to things!

'Lil Guy'

I am too old, but I have a taller ladder and finished Rejexing the front cap and Rejexed the rear cap. Sides are next. Peggy pressure washed the sides while I was waxing so may finish tomorrow (we only have 3 or 4 hours a day for outside work because of the heat).
Mike, my ladder is plenty tall. I can get on the roof with it in the vee mode. Trouble is in the center, not being able to lean over far enough to reach the top portion where it starts to go back to the roof. Anyway, it's done and we also changed our destination to Kerrville Shreiner RV park for our trip.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Today I turned a drip into a leak and flooded under the fridge and sink. The connection in the back of the fridge for the ice maker (outside) is a two piece that looks like a washing machine hose connection. It had a drip and I put a new gasket in it. Now it leaks out of the middle.

BillnKaren

In our 2015 landmark we added a hanging basket for fruits and veggies! this give us more room on the counter not having the fruit in a basket on the counter! ;)IMG_3549.jpg