What did you do to your camper today?

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
After getting back from the Tucson Rodeo Rally last month I didn't winterize with antifreeze (except in all of the drains and toilet), but I did blow out the water lines and the water heater with the air compressor.

Plus, I left the low point drains open for about the last 300 miles of the drive home.

We had two weeks of warm weather before last weeks snow storm so I think I am good to go!

!!!
Although I ran the furnace it never did get cold enough to be a concern. We've not had a day in weeks where the daytime temps have not been 50 or higher. Even the nights I referred to in my earlier post have daytime forecast highs near or over 50.
BTW-no low point drains on the BH. Only the FW tank has a drain. Easier to turn on the furnace than nutz around blowing out lines

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
!!!
Easier to turn on the furnace than nutz around blowing out lines

Actually it only takes about five minutes to blow out the line, and you can use the outside shower as the low point drain when blowing out the lines.

travelin2

Actually it only takes about five minutes to blow out the line, and you can use the outside shower as the low point drain when blowing out the lines.

Maybe on yours. I don't have an outdoor shower. Disconnected and plugged the lines

JohnD

I don't have an outdoor shower. Disconnected and plugged the lines

I wish that Heartland put a shut off valve somewhere easy to get at for the outside shower.

We went all last summer with white stuff in our water because we couldn't flush the antifreeze out of the outside shower lines as the shower hose connection was bad and the hose couldn't be inserted into the fitting.

I tried the hammer and screw driver thing several times over the summer and finally was able to get it connected once - just in time to winterize the trailer last October.

It was actually fixed when in for warranty repairs this winter.

Sure was nice down in Tucson last month not having that foam in the water . . .

travelin2

I wish that Heartland put a shut off valve somewhere easy to get at for the outside shower.

We went all last summer with white stuff in our water because we couldn't flush the antifreeze out of the outside shower lines as the shower hose connection was bad and the hose couldn't be inserted into the fitting.

I tried the hammer and screw driver thing several times over the summer and finally was able to get it connected once - just in time to winterize the trailer last October.

It was actually fixed when in for warranty repairs this winter.

Sure was nice down in Tucson last month not having that foam in the water . . .

I hear that. We went without ever turning the outdoor shower on except to winterize it so last fall I decided to just disconnect it. We don't have a W/D either so I inserted shutoff valves just north of the tee that feeds the BR. That much less to worry over

travelin2

I would like to dewinterize, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen. Going to be in the 20s over night this weekend. Probably won't get to do that until Lancaster.

I've run the furnace set at 40 a couple of nights since we came back from Delaware. I figure a few gallons of LP is cheaper than 2-3 gallons of the pink stuff and my time to re-winterize.
They're forecasting 1-2 nights in the mid 20's here between now and Lancaster.

Was 22* here this morning. Didn't run the furnace as it wasn't forecast to get that cold last night. 35* in the rig and 34* in the belly. 60's today. No worries

MCTalley

Decided to build a pull-out drawer to store record albums in. Tried to leave the shelf in but there just wasn't enough clearance. Since I needed the entire width of the opening, I took the hinges off the door and attached it to the front of the drawer. We tried to use a standard depth drawer, but there is an electrical box on the wall behind the drawer and the entertainment center cabinetry is an inch and a half shallower than the kitchen cabinets (which are standard 22" stuff).

i-XN24hg6-L.jpg

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Looks good but how much does that drawer weigh? Wouldn't it be better to digitize the record albums to a music CD and save the weight?
Just a thought.

JohnD

Looks good but how much does that drawer weigh? Wouldn't it be better to digitize the record albums to a music CD and save the weight?
Just a thought.

Uh ohhhhh . . . gonna get an audio file sound thingy goin' on here! :)

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Uh ohhhhh . . . gonna get an audio file sound thingy goin' on here! :)

Didn't mean to start anything. I like the idea of that storage and it looks good. I was just trying to be practical as weight is a major issue in an RV.

JohnD

Didn't mean to start anything. I like the idea of that storage and it looks good. I was just trying to be practical as weight is a major issue in an RV.

Earlier in this thread he posted photos of his new stereo and turntable set up in their new Big Country . . . thus the record drawer.

I used to be a mobile DJ (30+ years in the biz) and started out in the vinyl days (still have all my records).

I came out of retirement in February and took a small DJ setup and all of my CD's down to the Tucson Rodeo Rally.

Funny how I used to complain about how heavy all of that vinyl was . . . and now I realize all of those CD's are pretty darn heavy, too!

They are still in the basement of the Prowler . . . haven't worked up the muscle to put them away!

silvasp

Yeah, here in the digital world, I have about 400 CD's sitting around collecting dust now that everything is in iTunes or Pandora.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I am getting ready for the summer camping season to begin. I just replaced the entry stairs with the new updated stairs from Torklift Int.. The previous stairs were put on last year and were very stiff to deploy or store. Torklift Int. replaced these stairs with the newly designed stairs which can be deployed or stored easily with one hand.
Stairs #1.jpg

I also just got the fifth wheel back after having the Liberty Rider/Joyrider Suspension upgrade completed. I towed the fifth wheel about a 100 miles after this suspension upgrade was completed. There was a definite improvement in the ride and towing. Items in the fifth wheel were not bounced around or knocked over like they were prior to the suspension upgrade.
I also had the brake lines re-routed as the brake lines had been wrapped around the axles when the disc brakes were installed last year (not by Heartland).
Suspension #2.jpg Suspension #1.jpg

Last edited:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Found a water leak under the galley sink this morning. Turned out to be a loose fitting on one of the drain pipes. All the pipes needed tightening. They have tabs on them so tightening by hand was pretty easy. All fixed now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MCTalley

Just a thought.

Or a USB stick..

I could digitize them all (as a matter of fact, my turntable has a USB output to do just that). But as someone else pointed out, we specifically have a turntable and, more recently, a vintage receiver for playing our music on. I do have a lot more music on digital. The vinyl thing has just been a fun side thing.

Yes, they weigh quite a bit. I'd estimate there are about 50 lb. of records in that drawer based on the fact that we weighed our entire collection and it was about 75-80 lb. If you think about it, though, that's about 10 gallons of water. As with any other weighty item in an RV, you make trade-offs where you need to.

Candie

Mike & Candie Beaudette
Since it is DC fed, I thought I would put a switch to shut it off when not in use.

Sent from my STV100-5 using Tapatalk