What do you do for towel rods

Sumo

We us the large commande strip hangers. Works great. Also, we can move them to a new location with out leaving any marks or holes in the wall.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Nice new trailer, no towel rods. What do you folk use?
I think Heartland leaves this up to the new owner. Folks like to choose their own style of accessories and locations. Depending on what wall space you have available, head out to your local home center and get creative.
I'm sure you'll receive more replies on this.

ILH

Nice new trailer, no towel rods. What do you folk use?

On this trailer and the previous, my wife was after me to put up a formal towel rod. However, I have a real aversion to poking holes in the RV's thin walls. So far we've managed with metal towel rods that hang over the bathrom / bedroom doors. You can buy them at any bed and bath type store.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I hang mine over the bathroom door on the inside so you can't see. I got mine at bed bath and beyound it was about $10.00.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
What kind of trailer do you have??? One with no floors?? Who needs towel racks when you got floors? But just in case you don't have floors for the towels to reside, try something like these. The towel bar under the cabinet is mounted using machine screws and nuts. On the towel rack, I used clear epoxy on the ends of the rods to prevent them from slipping apart.

View attachment 20104View attachment 20105

jjriker

We use a towel bar over the door, and sometimes hang a wet towel over the shower door too.

IMG_1784 (640x480).jpg

Last edited:

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
We, too, didn't want to put holes in the wall so I searched on Amazon and found the thing that was perfect for us....it's a shower caddie that goes over the top of the shower door and has to hooks on the outside to hang towels! It has suction cups to keep it in place while traveling too. Click here.

Shower Caddie.jpg Shower Caddie2.jpg

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I did place some plastic tubing that I slit over the top hooks to keep it from scratching the door.

gasman

Camp Socializer
Take a good look at JohnDar's second picture. He has a couple of hooks that hook over the top of the shower surround. That's what we use. They are nice because the towel hangs on the outside so you don't have to take them down to shower. And I don't get that floor idea. Where do you hang your dirty clothes if you hang your towels on the floor? You must have more floor than I do.

Desertrat

Thanks for some good ideas. Over the door will not work as I have sliding pocket doors.
Under the cabinet over the throne looks good. Some of the hangers over the shower door
look really OK, I have never seen anything like them before.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Take a good look at JohnDar's second picture. He has a couple of hooks that hook over the top of the shower surround. That's what we use. They are nice because the towel hangs on the outside so you don't have to take them down to shower. And I don't get that floor idea. Where do you hang your dirty clothes if you hang your towels on the floor? You must have more floor than I do.

The floor pile looks like a geology lesson on soil stratification. Towels, undies, socks, shirts, repeat. Somewhere in there is a cat or two. Actually, we have laundry bags in the closet to stuff the clothes in. We may wash it in the rig if we're here for an extended stay, or just take it home to wash after short visits, like the one we're currently ending. Only a week long visit.

The towel rack over the shower door is easily placed on the door of the cabinet over the toilet when we need to shower. Or just laid on the bed. I wrapped the hooks with vinyl tubing to prevent scratching.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Bed Bath and Beyond They have everything you need!! Cool place just a little pricey on some things!!

Marge

All who wander are not lost.
We use a towel bar over the door, and sometimes hang a wet towel over the shower door too.

View attachment 20106
That's what we use, we have 2 on the bathroom door. One for the bathroom and the other one on the outside of the door, it is really handy when we come in from outside and are too lazy to open up the closet door and put our shirts/jackets away.

If you go to a Marshall's store you can buy these for a fraction of the price of Bed, Bath and Beyond.

pegmikef

Here's another thread with more towel ideas.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...n-the-bathroom?p=229708&highlight=#post229708