What else

pokypa

Just finish packing for trip and rear A\C quit cooling. Compressor running but no cold air. I'm not mad but I had enough.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Make sure your fan is not on the low setting. It's been noted that if the A/C fan runs on low and it's humid/hot outside, the condenser will ice up and stop cooling. Solution is to always use the high fan setting. If there is a glacier on it, let it warm up and melt off, then turn it back on.

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Just finish packing for trip and rear A\C quit cooling. Compressor running but no cold air. I'm not mad but I had enough.

Our bedroom air in our 2013 Big Country did that. No cool air, but compressor ran. I always run the fan on high. Took it in to the dealer and they replaced the unit under warranty. Very aggravating!!

pokypa

New AC failed in two days. Went back to dealer and they said it was bad and the bedroom AC was also going bad. Both leaking oil and freon on roof. Bad stains on roof now and Heartland says not their problem. Dometic Brisk II front and back. Dealer said lots of problem in past year with these unit. Ask to change over to Coleman but can not because of wiring connections. Guess we will see how long these will last. One day we will take a trip in our new Big Horn I hope.
i would advise anyone with the Dometic AC look on roof to see if stains are coming from under AC. This is only on late 2013 and 2014 models according to the dealer. The warranty did cover the replacement of these units. Will pick it up around September 2, 2014
I'm not mad or bashing just wearing down from all the problems. Hope when warranty ends (10-4-14) that all will be fixed and repaired. Warranty has covered all the repairs in the past year which I am very thankful.

Al.K

What do the stains look like. My Sister In Law bought a Sundance in that year range. And they found some green stains around their A/C units. Could this be the same problem? Dealer told the no problems found. And their A/C sill works well, I believe.

pokypa

Stains are deep brown that form from the oil in the compressor and freon. It's impossible to remove the stains without damaging the rubber roof. The one on mine has soaked in the roof, and could be into the ply board under the rubber. Dometic wanted to know if bubbles had appeared. No bubbles as of now.