what goes to what grey tanks??

roads64

ok i got a 2010 bighorn 3670. there are 2 grey tanks. tank 1 and tank 2 then of course the black tank. question is does anybody know what sinks and shower goes to what tank? reason i ask is i have a valve that doesnt open and im curious if i need to be efficient with my water so it doesnt fill up before i fix the valve. ive never paid attn before cuz i usually just drained them all at the same time so ive never noticed. thanks a bunch!!

Owenfamily

Tank, value 1 is the usually the main value. It will hold the kitchen, shower and bath sink. Valve number two will hold the washer and dryer. Don't hold me to this but this is how our unit is set up.

danemayer

Gray 1 is usually the bathroom shower and sink. Gray 2 is the kitchen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MCTalley

That's how ours is. Gray #1 is the front (bathroom) and Gray #2 is the back (kitchen). Not sure where our W/D would drain to if we had them, but I suspect #1 since it is closer.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Depends on whether or how the factory labeled the tanks wrong or right. Usually tank 1 is the kitchen and tank 2 is the bathroom (shower sink and washing machine). Ours were labeled the other way though. Why dont you empty the one that the valve works on then put a gallon or two of water in and see if it drains out. Then you will know. Just an idea.

rick_debbie_gallant

Simple solution: put a slide valve where stinky slinky hooks on. Operation something like this

1: close hose valve.
2. Close black water valve
3. Open both grey 1 and grey 2 tank valve and leave open
(The hose valve will allow the grey 1 & 2 to mix)
4. When time to dump close 1 & 2
5. Open black water and turn on tank flush.
6. Once black is clean open grey 1 and 2.
7. Never have to worry bout which is one and which is two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wharton

If you want to confirm which is which, just put food coloring in one tank. When you pull the valve, if it comes out red, you have your answer as to which valve is which.