What have I done??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
My '08 was on the recall and had the new programing and radiator mods. I understood from the dealer that all '08 should get the recall. Might need to check with you dealer to be sure.
Pete, ya'll hang in there.

creeper

My 08 does not show the "Regen" message either. A friend with a 08 said he received a recall notice that had the reprogramming and a radiator mod. I have not received the notice so I checked my vin on the Ford Website and it said there was no recalls on my truck. If their website is accurate then the recall must not be universal on the 08's.

Check with your dealer. My Vin wasn't listed on the web site, but I got a recall notice. BTW, the time is ticking on the recall it's over in June I believe. After that it's on your dime. The Venturi on the radiator is one of the most important things to get done..

The recall does more then just add the message and the Venturi for the radiator.

It also changes the regen timing, shift points and a few other minor things in an attempt to increase fuel mileage.

creeper

OK......... Here is the poop. They towed my truck back up to the West Bend dealer and they took it apart to diagnose. Apparently stuck valve guides led to a busted rocker arm and two bent push rods. I spoke to the service manager who said that this is about a $4000 repair and apparently Ford is authorizing them to go ahead with this as opposed to getting a new engine or a new truck. I reiterated to him that we will go to war if that is the case. He is just the guy in the middle so I didn't hammer him. This was not the official notification but I had simply asked him to let me know what they found when they took it apart. After I restated my position that I would not pay a new truck price for a "used (and abused) truck" he suggested that maybe in one way or another I would get reimbursed some money. Technically I would then be paying a used truck price for a used truck. Of course I told him that if I was looking for a used truck, I would have searched for a used truck or kept my former used truck. Again, he was not conveying Fords official response on this but I definitely see where this is going. Hot times acomin'!!

I certainly feel for you, but you really don't have a leg to stand on.

If your engine did the same thing in 15k miles would you demand a new motor? Maybe... Would you get it? Probably not if it's fixable problem.

Ford is not obligated to give you a new truck or a new motor. The are obligated to fix the truck under warranty. If the engine can't be fixed, they are not obligated to give you a new motor, they will give you a remanufactured one.

Ford doesn't care if you go to war with them. I went to "war" with them twice and won twice, so I know all their little tricks. You're just going to get angry and cost yourself a lot of money.

You should count your lucky stars they authorized the dealer to fix it. They usually don't do that so fast. They will usually try and blame the owner, say they installed a performance box on it or some other nonsense.

What is your recourse? Well you could hire a lawyer and pay him 5k to start and try and get you a new truck to replace the truck that Ford fixed. Well no lemon law in the land will force them to replace a fixed truck.

With the trouble that Ford is in now and the mess the whole Power Stroke mess has cost them, good luck in getting a new truck.

I went to court with them twice and they didn't budge an inch, even with the dealer on my side.

Good luck to you and your quest.

truknutt

Committed Member
Check with your dealer. My Vin wasn't listed on the web site, but I got a recall notice. BTW, the time is ticking on the recall it's over in June I believe. After that it's on your dime. The Venturi on the radiator is one of the most important things to get done..

The recall does more then just add the message and the Venturi for the radiator.

It also changes the regen timing, shift points and a few other minor things in an attempt to increase fuel mileage.

Look for Ford notices 08B06 & 08B07. Dieselstop.com & Dieselgarage.com have some pretty good info in their forums if you're interested. Reading these forums, I believe that the trucks affected are 2008 Job #1 & some Job #2 runs (first 3rd & early second 3rd of the production year) so check your build date on the door data plate, grab your VIN and head to the dealership.

For those who check the Ford website, this isn't up-to-date. Service writers have access to the latest info using Ford's OASIS (On-Line Automotive Service Information System) and can look up TSBs & recalls for your FoMoCo vehicle.

Rmcgrath53

I have had a Ford Remanufactored motor put in my 2002 and I believe it is better than new. It has all the best seals and caskets. I have 20000 on the new motor and it feels more powerfull then the original.

Peteandsharon

Creeper,

The difference is that this engine didn't crater at 15,000 miles. The fact of the matter is that I took possession of a piece of @$%%$. A truck that doesn't make it home is not a warranty item. It is defective at delivery!!!

Peteandsharon

I guess this thread has gone on way too long anyway and probably needs to be cut off, but I'm astounded at parts of your response, Creeper. "If it had a problem at 15,000 miles, would I ask for a new truck"??????? What in Gods name does that have to do with this situation?? "They would accuse me of installing a performance box"?????!!! You mean on the way home from the dealer??? If you went to the dealer to take delivery of a new truck and the guy comes out and says "Sorry Mr. Creeper, but your truck fell off the flatbed and rolled a few times. But don't worry, our body shop people are very good." Would your response be "Boy I'm glad of that. Thank God for good body people"!!?? If so, I want you around when it's time to sell my "new" truck!!

jimtoo

Pete, I'm sorry your experiencing the problems with your new truck.

This thread is closed.

Jim M

Status
Not open for further replies.