what is a good grill to use?

mntnman

Past Chapter Leader, SC and KY
We use the Weber Q wih the Tee fitting so we use the propane from the 5th wheel. The grill works great.

truknutt

Committed Member
Road Trip Classic for us. It's a little bulky when compared to the Weber but with a ToyHauler we've got the room.

I have the Road Trip for when I am cooking for a bunch of people and the taste is not issue #1. Whem I needd the tast I still have my portable Weber charcoal grill. Bring wood chips and everything. Afterall, this is camping not living in a cave! I have to clean it well and then wrap it in a garbage bag but you just cannot get the real charcoal flavor from a gas grill. Even with smoking chips.
:cool:

rjr6150

The company I work for sells both and for the last two years have been using the Coleman Road Trip started out using the Weber late last fall and won't go back. Kathy and I love it.

Cimriver

Has anyone adapted the Weber Baby Q to use the quick connects that come with the new Elkridge models? The connection is after the regulator on the RV.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Sounds to me like the Weber Baby Q is so popular Heartland out to include one with each unit. How about it Heartland?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Weber Baby Q. During the winter, I take it out of the trailer and use it in front of the garage if the one on the rear deck is too covered in snow. My sister had a Coleman and the stand legs broke after the second season. She's now got the Weber Q.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I found an accessory that would go with your grill. I have a Baby Weber and they will make a custome wind guard. I am going to order a 30" Windguard.

Weber is an intresting grill. I though my regulator had gone bad when the burner would bearly give any flame and it would only get up to about 200*.

Found out by calling Weber that if you open the burner valve for a couple of minutes, close it and then connect the propane tank, then leave it sit for about two minutes it will start to work correctly. This was a real pain until I found how to reset the regulator.

Love my Weber.

BC

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Just bought me a Weber Q 200 with the stand. I haven't used it yet but like the way it looks and think it will be great. I was leaning toward the Coleman Roadtrip LX but after reading everyone's posts y'all convinced me the Weber is the way to go. Found mine at Home Depot where their regular price is the same at the President's Club price at Camping World. Thanks for all the good info even thought I am not the OP.

Cimriver

OK so you guys cost me today. I was strolling through Home Depot today and what should I walk by? A Weber 200 that is now in my garage waiting to go on the new Elkridge!