What is the Trail air Level Up Hydraulic Leveling System with Remote?

orkirk

Ray is correct, however, the price that was quoted at the rally was ONLY for the 4 jacks around the tires. With a Bighorn, which comes with electric front landing gear, you need to have them upgraded to hydraulics for the entire system to work. This involves an additional cost...check with Trailair for a quote for your specific rig.

I will say though, that being fulltime, this is one expense I'm REALLY glad we did...worth every penny!!!:D

Did Heartland or Trailair upgrade your front jacks? I talked to Trailair today and they said to make sure Heartland upgraded the front Jacks with the round and pinless Jacks,not the orignal square jacks W/pins. We are going up to Heartland Factory Mon. 09-21 for a personal tour. After we get through the tour we will try to go to Trailair and talk to them. Maybe I can get things sorted out on this Level Up system.

Thanks for your help! orkirk

jbeletti

Heartland does not offer round pinless front jacks. Trailair/Lippert uses these when they retrofit a Heartland RV that has electric front jacks, with hydraulic front jacks in combination with the hydraulic leveling system. You may want to call Kara at Trailair again and ask her to clarify her statement.

Jim

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Did Heartland or Trailair upgrade your front jacks? I talked to Trailair today and they said to make sure Heartland upgraded the front Jacks with the round and pinless Jacks,not the orignal square jacks W/pins. We are going up to Heartland Factory Mon. 09-21 for a personal tour. After we get through the tour we will try to go to Trailair and talk to them. Maybe I can get things sorted out on this Level Up system.

Thanks for your help! orkirk

I have no idea why Trailair would say such a thing??? They replaced my landing gear with the "round, pinless" type at their location, at an additional cost of around $800...did you talk with Kara??

Heartland would not have access to those legs. These are the legs supplied to Mobile Suites, I think directly from Lippert, but not positive.

Tom of Ypsi

We have the level-up system and we have the hydraulic front jacks on our Landmark so there was no need for the round pinless jacks. I suppose I could have spent another $800 for the pinless jacks.

Delaine and Lindy

Level Up...

Ken your just a wealth of information, and is correct if I didn't know better I would think your a rep for Lippert. But your correct about the Level up system by Lippert. Back in 2006 I went to White Flint MI to have the Big Foot automatic Level up system installed. And at the time I had Hydraulic Jacks on the front of out 5er but wanted to change to the Big Foot system, but due to space in the front of the 5er I decided not to make the change. While I was there the Shop manager ask why I wanted to change the front Hydraulic jacks which were installed when the 5th wheel was built, his coment was Lippert makes a great Hydraulic system and that was in 2006. So Lippert has been installing Hydraulic Jack for sometime. And the system works, and I highly recoment the Lippert Level up system. Ok Lippert send Ken and me our checks:D. GBY.....

orkirk

I have no idea why Trailair would say such a thing??? They replaced my landing gear with the "round, pinless" type at their location, at an additional cost of around $800...did you talk with Kara??

Heartland would not have access to those legs. These are the legs supplied to Mobile Suites, I think directly from Lippert, but not positive.

I did talk with Kara ,but I'm going to call her again since you all have given me all this good info. I was thinking I could get Heartland to install the Landmark Hydraulic landing gear at the time they were building the 5/w. Then after I talked to Trailair I didn't think they could combine the Level up system with the Heartland Hydraulic Landing Gear. Now after reading a couple of posts on this forum ,sounds like it might work.
I've given myself plenty of time to work out the details on this subject. So with the help of the good people on this forum I'll get it done.
I want to thank everyone, that responded to my post, for all your help on this subject. You still can't beat experience as the best teacher.

Safe Travels, orkirk

kakampers

Trust me...if you can get it, go with the round, pinless legs instead of the Landmark legs. Not having to deal with the drop-feet is one of the best parts of this system...

orkirk

Trust me...if you can get it, go with the round, pinless legs instead of the Landmark legs. Not having to deal with the drop-feet is one of the best parts of this system...

Sounds good to me! By the way,what do you do with the rear heartland jacks? I was going to order electric until I found out about this Level up system. Now I may be able to save that cost. Kara told me they charge $2250 for the basic level up system. Then if you added the $800 for the front landing gear,it would put the system costing $3000 or so. That would be well worth it to me. Sounds like you really like it.
Again, thanks for all your help!

Safe Travels, orkirk

Tom of Ypsi

Get the electric rear stabilizer jacks, without them there is a little bounce in the rear end, just a little but there non the less. At first we did not put our back jacks down then one day some one visiting, Kathy Adams (Kakampers) I believe, noticed the rear blinds moving ever so slightly. After putting down the rear jacks no movement.

orkirk

Get the electric rear stabilizer jacks, without them there is a little bounce in the rear end, just a little but there non the less. At first we did not put our back jacks down then one day some one visiting, Kathy Adams (Kakampers) I believe, noticed the rear blinds moving ever so slightly. After putting down the rear jacks no movement.

Thanks,I need all the help I can get. I've got lots of notes written down from all you good people. I'll get this all sorted out yet.:)
Safe Travels,
orkirk

kakampers

Yeah Tom...that was me! I'm real glad I didn't remove my electric jacks..takes out that last little bit of movement due to the long tailend on these things.

Orkirk...glad you got the info straight with Kara...that sounds more like it!