What is this? And do I need to worry?

Mizmary

I have been noticing DRASTICALLY reduced water pressure at the kitchen sink. I dismantled our entire water intake system (pressure regulator, filter, hose, etc.) outside and checked for anything there, assuming it was a problem for the entire camper. I found nothing and assumed that there was a campground water pressure issue. Then, while I was in the shower, I realized that it wasn't the entire camper, just the kitchen sink. So I took apart the faucet - there was a little bit of calcium build up, but not enough to make it a drip. THEN, I removed the hose that goes to the faucet. And I found a TON of tiny little calcium deposits (reminded me of kidney stones, poor sink!)

In attempting to remove all of the small calcium deposits this thing came out - and it is damaged. I am assuming that this is a "water saver" and that I should be okay? I reassembled the sink and it all works okay (yeah water pressure!) - no leaks. But I would appreciate someone saying 'YUP' or 'NOPE' so I know if I need to get a new faucet. oops.

It has been a year and half since we moved in here - and only in the last six months have we installed a better filter - but this started getting really bad after we were at a different campground this summer. Should I be worried - and should I check for calcium elsewhere (and where)?IMG_3773.jpg

szewczyk_john

It looks like an aerator but those are located were the water comes out of the faucet and should not be within the hoses. Deposits collect within these tiny holes blocking the water. An aerator's job is to mix air and water together to make your stream of water more direct with less splashing. If you have it all together and it is working without leaks then you will be fine.

Garypowell

Miz,

the first thing I do in an RV is go around and take all of those out. You have something like that where the wand meets the hand held shower head. It just has not bit you yet....but it will.

I also took the hose off of the wall shut off and drilled the outlet hole bigger....I am a lover of water pressure.

I have a water filtration system but it is not 100% needed. We do it more for taste than anything.

Enjoy the pressure!