What is your choice of tow truck tires?

Georgia_Biker

this has propbly been discussed before but, I am ready to change tires on my tow truck. I have a 2018 RAM 3500 Dually. I am currently running Firestone Transforce HT 235-70R-17 tires and not real happy with wear. The only other 2 I would consider would be Good Year, Michilen, or stay with Firestone.

Your thoughts

Kathi-27

bridgestone duravis r500 hd. have 45000 miles still have 1/2 the tread depth left. mostly all towing

david-steph2018

this has propbly been discussed before but, I am ready to change tires on my tow truck. I have a 2018 RAM 3500 Dually. I am currently running Firestone Transforce HT 235-70R-17 tires and not real happy with wear. The only other 2 I would consider would be Good Year, Michilen, or stay with Firestone.

Your thoughts
I ran the Transforce HT on our Ram and the first set did really well for tread wear. But the second set, after they changed the tread pattern HT2, did not wear very good. Sometimes I would start spinning on raining roads starting from a stop light. So I replaced with Cooper Discover HT3 this time around. They are wearing pretty good for the 25,000 miles on them.

sengli

When my OE junk nexens failed at 14k miles, with broken belts. I went with Nitto Dura Grapplers for street use. Obviously my dually never goes off road, so far great quiet tires. Actually bought them at the RAM dealer who beat out several of the chain tire stores for pricing.

Last edited:

SLO

I have the Nitto Dura Grapplers as well. Mostly because they have a higher weight rating that other tires. Not a problem with dually though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rclogg

We put Michelin tires LTX A/T load range E, yes they were expensive. But do you really want cheap between you and the road. You'll never regret buying too much tire

MCTalley

The four Michelin LTX M/S tires on the rear duals of my F-350 currently have 73,000 miles on them. Based on tread depth, I'll probably end up with around 80K when I replace them. The matching fronts probably would have made it the same distance, but they wore on the outside corners too much to continue using them (common on Ford 4x4's, from what I understand). Even at that, I got about 57K out of them.