What is your summer metered electric cost??????

FARMER45

I would like to know the average cost of running your 50 and 30 amp rvs in the hot summer time, in the hot states.
i have never stayed where my electricity is metered so I have no idea. If you don't mind posting it I thank you

Rickhansen

While in Florida through 3 summers, we had peak electric bills of nearly $300. Rates are high, and the taxes are too, running nearly .22 per Kwh combined. Our site was mostly in the sun. Many days in July and August, both A/C's would run steady on high, and temps inside would be around 80 degrees.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
This will be our first time staying in our condo on wheels during the summer but luckily, the campground we are in doesn't require a meter. Electricity is included in the monthly fee.

Westwind

That's a hard thing to give unless you give the KW hours used, the cost Per KWH and the area taxes etc., move to another area and all that could change.

danemayer

We spent a week in Port Aransas in April 2011. Got the weekly discount rate but had to pay electric. It happened to be pretty hot that week and I think the electric bill was about $50. That would have been $217 for a month. And I think that was at $0.10/kwh.

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
We had a non Heartland, 30 amp unit the last two years when I kept track. Last year in Topeka, where it was decent for two weeks then blistering low 100's for the last two weeks used 900 KWH, Avg. 31.03448275862/day. Dallas, May of last year, temperatures averaged 80's every day and used 828.9 kwH, Avg. 29.60357142857/day. June of 2011, it was really hot in Oklahoma City, used 984 KWH, Avg. 33.93103448276/avg day which was our highest so far. These are all monthly rates, except Dallas, where we stayed 5 weeks. Paid anywhere from $0.12 to $0.15 KwH. Hope that helps.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The monthly electric for our seasonal site runs between $30 and $60 depending on how many days during a particular month we're "in residence" and what the northern Michigan weather has been. Our stays run between 2 - 3 weeks at a time with a week or so in between. That includes running the water heater on electric when we're there.