what options to order on a 3110 toyhauler

thirdtimeround

So I'm ready to order a 3110 Cyclone toy hauler. I'm told 6 point leveling is a waste and if not used properly, you can tweak the walls and roof seam and cause damage. That damage will allow water penetration and delamination of sidewalls over time if undetected. Any thoughts? Also I'd like at least 2 AC's. Bed & living room. Do you need a 3rd for the garage? Are owners of 3110's able to access the bathroom with the slide in ? Lastly I'm hearing the 3 season sliding door option for the garage /deck is flimsy ,made poorly and falls apart within a season or 2 ? Any thoughts will be appreciated ,Mike

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The six point leveling system is designed to eliminate the twisting of the frame.
I don't know who told you about using it incorrectly but that is kind of hard to do.
As the hydraulics get pressure, they move in unison.
I have had the Level Up for three years now and have not had to re caulk anything around the roof or walls.
I would go for the dual AC units and if you have left over $$, get the dual pane windows.
Don't believe what you have been told about the leveling system.

Peace
Dave

kowAlski631

Leveling system works great. Not sure who gave you that info, but question where they got impression. Get the ac units & dual pane windows. We have a BH, but have these options & the Yeti package too. Good luck.

porthole

Retired
If you could only order 1 option I would go with the level up. Single best upgrade you can do.

Ask your dealer for the "hidden" option list.

Can't see where you live, we are in jersey, so I added heat strips to the "2" AC's. They work well in the fall when the temps start to drop.

Fireplace available on that unit?

Washer dryer? Some think it is a waste. We have the combo and use it all the time.

Genny and auxiliary fuel tank.

The 3 season wall takes up valuable real estate in that 10' garage. We don't have it and wouldn't have the room for it anyway.

Awning over the rear side door. Wish that was available when we got ours.

Goodyear tire upgrade if it is offered.

And there is more ......

jeffdee

There is no access to the bathroom with the slide in.
Get the 2 ac's. I use a floor fan to move additional air into the garage. A third ac will complicate your wiring. Two work well enough.
Get the two beds in the garage.
I have 2 tv's, garage and main room. Would have liked the one in front bedroom as well.
I have the rear ramp patio and 3 seasons rear door. Very happy with it.
We go camping at least once per month and thoroughly enjoy this rv.
We picked this floorplan due to the shower.

thirdtimeround

Thanks for replies. My thought is the same with regards to the 6 point leveling system. It would seem better for leveling with less stress. The info I got was from a Cyclone Rep, go figure. I like the garage bed/ sofa option for grandkids. Anybody been to the factory to see them built ? I'm told no xtra insulation is really added ,just heat strips on the tanks for the Cold Weather Package, yep same Cyclone Rep ! Wondering,Mike

KRCyclone

All of the above plus the awning over the rear patio. It is a bit short but helps. Along with no access to bathroom with slides in, there is no access to living room from the garage with the slide in. Only complaint we have with ours is the lack of a pantry but will be converting the entry coat closet soon.

thirdtimeround

This was to order a brand new one from the factory. He said I'll order it with anything you want. He frowned on some of those options as problematic. I think most of us have watched Robin Williams in RV Vacation ? I'm trying to stay away from the part of RV that stands for ''Ruins Vacations'' ! This will be my last rig. I started with a diesel pusher, went to a diesel C, and now 5th wheel . Yep ,Thirdtimeround. Mike

kowAlski631

We have a BH rather than a Cyclone & ordered ours to our specs also. We have most of the bells & whistles since this is (& will be) our home for a couple of years as we do extensive traveling. The level up has simplified set up immensely & we wouldn't have another rig without it. Just simply don't understand where the sales guy was coming from.

BTW - upgrade your tires. You'll be glad you did that.

Martha

porthole

Retired
Anybody been to the factory to see them built ? I'm told no xtra insulation .... yep same Cyclone Rep

Many of us have been to the factory. We have been 3 times, first was prior to ordering to see how they wee built. I toured 4 different manufacturers before picking the Cyclone.

Insulation - garage? No extra. Be aware that there is no insulation under the garage floor.

Your guynis is not a Cyclone rep.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I am willing to bet that your salesman, "rep", has never camped in one of these units.
I would pay more attention to the folks here on the forum.
You know, the ones that actually use these things.
But remember, everyone has their opinion.

Peace
Dave

caissiel

YI would side for the salesman.
And I believe I need to say it although I surely will not be popular, but it needs to be said.

I said it many times. I would not walk around a unit held with cheap hydraulic rams and surely not back $50k truck under unless it was supported by descent blockings.
1st its unsafe
2nd the wrong type of cylinders are being used
3rd the cheap controls that may fail any time.
4th the cheap hoses being used.
5th the combined slide and Jack pump if used.
Just like a 6 shooter.

I have 30 years experience maintaining huge well engineered million dollars worth of hydraulic equipment and they failed

Motor homes have none return jacks with much better seal then 2 way rams. And still need maintenance with the wheels backing the jacks.

I also know a fellow had his motor home serviced with both front wheels off supported by the cylinders that leaked and the total bottom skirting was destroid.

I do not work on equipment with only hydraulic Jack supporting it. Why should I trust landing rams.

Service bays in garages have hydraulic lifts with rachated back up support.

To me hydraulic landing legs are not for campers that have so many chances of failing.

I buy for the longivity and rams are not in my list of nice things to have.

A retired farmer told me he was glad to get rid of his unit with hydraulic landing gear. His explanation was he had lots of experience working on his tractors. And no way his unit was any better build.

Therefore I have to agree with the wise salesman. For many more reason then I just said.

There is no profit for him saying it an I feel he feels the need to be resposible.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk 2

ksmith555

We love the Level Up, would probably never own another trailer without it....also opted for the double door fridge and will never go back to the smaller one, well worth the $ to us.
We ordered the extra garage A/C on our 3110, owned a 3010 before this one and only had the main living room A/C, we never got hot in the master bedroom area but our kids hated sleeping in the garage area without an A/C in it. We managed with a fan in the doorway but it was never enough.
I wouldn't recommend all 3 A/C units as you can't run all 3 at the same time anyway. And we were told when running 2, one has to be the main unit....so can't run garage and bedroom together.
Only thing I would change on mine is to ask if we could have replaced the bunk (over garage entrance) w/ cabinets in the garage area like our 3010 had. My kids are older and nobody will sleep in it, maybe younger ones might like it.
We converted our entry closet into a pantry and love it.

iowaone

I hAve three ac's and find that very useful. It is needed if someone is sleeping back there. Also, I love it when loading or unloading. BR air good at other times when need extra there.

rainmakeroc

Hi, I just purchased a 2014 3110. My question is, what tv mount do you have in the front bedroom. I am about to mount at tv there but do not know the thickness of the wall of if there are stud there. Am afraid as the shower stall is on the other side of the wall. Please Help

thirdtimeround

It's ordered. Build date Mid Jan 2014. Lippert 6 point, patio deck and awning, garage wall paneling 1/2 way up, Updated garage sofa's, under mount bath sink, standard frig with pantry, New graphic's for 2014 , New HD gray exterior side walls, Bedroom AC, Canadian artic PKG, 3 seasons garage wall, Garage Carpet kit, Toy Lock, Correct track ,SS appliances for 2014, Tv mounts for bed/ garage ,I'll get my own TV's. Just missing Back up camera and garage Ac. Thanks for all your input, Mike

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
What???? no electric cord reel???
You will love that 6 point Level Up. I've had it for three years and I still am amazed every time I use it.
Sounds like you will have a really nice rig.

Peace
Dave