What Satellite TV service works in Canada and US

karz

Does anybody know what satellite dish, receiver and supplier works in both Canada and US? We're from Winnipeg, MB Canada and will be vacationing in southeast Phoenix area. We are hoping to hook up with a Canadian service provider and be able to use the same service in Arizona.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have had DirecTV for many years and it will work up as far as Valmont/Jasper area. I used it this year. Beyond that I can't say. I was told that if I had a different dish and receiver I might be able to get the Satellites further north. I understand they can get it in Alaska, however it was said the they can't advertise it being available in Canada because of legal stuff. I only have Digital Service not High Def and use the 18" round dish. That is all I need here in the US. You being from Canada I am not sure they can give it to you to work in Canada.

This is the number to call related to RV service. Go to any other number and they have no clue about service for RV's. 800-769-4635..

FWIW
BC

wdk450

I have seen people here at Thousand Trails Palm Springs with their Shaw dishes in use.