What Service Department?

dcwettstein

I have a Big Horn 3160 and love it despite some problems we have had with it. Nothing I could point at Heartland but one. All the problems we had were handled very well by all the vendors associated with Heartland. The only problem that we have with Heartland is that our bedroom slide was manufactured wrong and Heartland agreed. They found a local dealer for me to take it to, which I did, and they gave Heartland an estimate as to how long it would take for them to rebuild it. Heartland said that was to long so the dealer said they would not do the work because Heartland would not cover the labor. This was not the dealer I purchased the unit from so I don't blame the dealer. I have contacted Heartland many times on this problem and have always gotten a response in short time except the last time. I had ask how long it would take if I brought the unit to the factory to get it fixed. The response I got was they had to check. Now, if they told the dealer that their time estimate was to long, you would think, the factory would know how long it would take to do the work and they could have responded in a very short time. It seems to me they don"t want to do the repair. I love this unit but I wish the company would respond without me having to beg and keep after them. These units are expensive and you would think the factory would like to keep their customers happy. Elaine at Heartland service has not gotten back to me in over 2 months. I am sick of dealing with Heartland. Maybe Jayco would have been a better choice?

danemayer

Hi dcwettstein,

If you've been waiting for an answer for 2 months, you should call back - someone dropped the ball.

When Heartland opened the repair center in Elkhart, they said that it would be initially used to handle repairs that were beyond the dealer's capabilities. Your situation is different in that the dealer can do the work, but there's disagreement over the cost. I'd suggest you press Heartland to discuss with the dealer, or perhaps another dealer, until they get to the bottom of the disagreement over cost, and get the repair authorized.

RVFun4Us

I just contacted Elaine at Heartland Service via email on another problem and she responded within two hours. So I agree with Dan, follow-up with them via email or phone. You somehow got lost in the shuffle. I have found Heartland to be very responsive to all my questions. Good luck.

dcwettstein

This is not the first time she put it off. I am getting sick of having to continue to contact her on the same subject. All I always get is that she is sorry but that doesn't fix the problem. This has been going on since the rally last June. I just contacted her for the 11th time on this matter.

Kbvols

I would recommend calling then also follow up with an email. I do this frequently at my job and always get the best results. The phone call for personal connection and the email for a documented record. Reference the date and time of the phone conversation in the email. Remember in large corporations everyone has a supervisor and a good supervisor won't like seeing a direct report not responding to a customer.

I have worked with Elaine and followed the call then email process and received prompt follow up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Have you ever asked HL if they have an independent service center that will do the work for you?