What tire pressure monitoring system do you have?

aRAYwego

I have the Valor system that came with my Landmark. Excellent customer service and if ever in the market again it will be another Valor system.

porthole

Retired
TST 507 for us with many satisfied miles and two alerts that were indeed tire-wheel issues.
Excellent customer service.

The temperature reading - Mike from TST at our last rally gave a very convincing explanation for the accuracy. Don't know one away or the other, but we use it like any other tool.

TST507. The only down side for me is my pump (Viair 450P) won't work with the flow through valves so I have to remove them to top off the tires. I should have just bought the regular monitors (not flow through).

Mike, do you know why it does not work?
Perhaps the inflator you are using?

I am getting ready to order two flow throughs for my DRW inners. They are a pain to access and the flow throughs will make it a bit easier.

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
So we bought the TST 507 and it doesn't work. We've had it on for two trips and it has shown the pressure on 3 of the four tires for a whopping 15 minutes of the whole trip. Usually it's just blank.

Are we missing something obvious or did we get a bad unit?

danemayer

So we bought the TST 507 and it doesn't work. We've had it on for two trips and it has shown the pressure on 3 of the four tires for a whopping 15 minutes of the whole trip. Usually it's just blank.

Are we missing something obvious or did we get a bad unit?
Give TST a call. They're very responsive.

johninar

I've been using the Hopkins nVision system. This is a compromise unit as the sensors screw on to the valve stems. You MUST use metal valve stems. I've been very happy with this unit. I've been using it for 7 years. The sensors do have to be replaced after 4 or 5 years when the batteries get weak. I also re-located the antenna to the area below the hitch wiring connector on my truck. They make a repeater but moving the antenna works great and saved me some money. Easy to program and you can also put sensors on your spare(s). It supports up to 24 tires.

dbbls59

Eric, I did have to add a "booster" to my 507 to get it to register all the tires all of the time. I mounted it in the trailer battery compartment on the front wall. I would loose one or two of the trailer tires without it. I complained to TST and they sent me a booster at no charge. This is a great company.