What type of Electric Jacks will fit the tongue of my 30QOK???

jimtoo

Hi Nathan,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I can't help you for sure on the jack, but I thought all the tongue jacks were a standard mount. But,, lets wait until we get more information from other owners.

Enjoy the forum and your new North Trail.

Jim M

archbarb

When we had our NT 26RKS I installed the Atwood 2500# Power Tongue Jack. One of the best things I ever did for the ease of set up. It fit the tongue without any problems. I've never used the Baker brand, but I would think the tongue's on the Heartland NT's would be the same!!!!!:)

Archie

pegmikef

I have a 2012 Heartland North Trail model number 30QOK. The one I linked to is the my actual recently purchased camper. My question is will a Barker VIP 3500 that I found on EBAY fit onto the tongue of my North Trail. Thanks for the help guys! BTW, This camper is Awesome!

Assuming the tongue is the same as my North Trail 26LRSS, yes. I have been using the Barker VIP 3500 for over two years now (first on my Edge and now on the NT). No problems, just make sure you make a good ground when you install it. Takes about ten minutes. All you need are a couple of jack stands and an open end, box, or socket wrench (don't know the size offhand). I also bought mine off of ebay as they had the best price.

CliffP

Assuming the tongue is the same as my North Trail 26LRSS, yes. I have been using the Barker VIP 3500 for over two years now (first on my Edge and now on the NT). No problems, just make sure you make a good ground when you install it. Takes about ten minutes. All you need are a couple of jack stands and an open end, box, or socket wrench (don't know the size offhand). I also bought mine off of ebay as they had the best price.

We have the same tongue jack and it works great! We looked at the 30QOK too it is a great floorplan. Congrats on the new camper and welcome to the forum! Heartland is a great job company and really stands behind their products. Hope you love your new North Trail as much as we love ours.

Cliff and Mindy

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Nathan, when you install the electric jack...make sure you install an inline 30amp circuit breaker on the 12V side.

Nathan

Nathan, when you install the electric jack...make sure you install an inline 30amp circuit breaker on the 12V side.

Bob,
Will definately do that! If is doesn't come with a fuse I will definately install one with it.

Bob&Patty

The electric jack we had on a TT came with a "fuse" holder on the 12V wire but I installed a circuit breaker instead. Inline fuse holder are easy to find at any auto parts house. A blown fuse is now a dead player but a circiut breaker will come back to life. Remember, a low battery can blow a fuse. Low voltage can cause a high amperage draw. It does not have to be a short to ground.

Nathan

I did check and it does come with a fuse. I am definately going to look into the circuit breaker as well. I always like to go the extra mile to make sure things work when I need it!

Nathan

I installed my electric tongue jack today! I can't believe I ever went camping without one. This thing is absolutely awesome!

Bob&Patty

Nathan, you should be able to find a circuit breaker that will fit in the fuse holder you have.