What you never want for your RV!

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
So sorry to hear this! We're glad you and Carol weren't hurt. The trailer can be repaired. Safe travels!

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson
North Texas Chapter Leader

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

porthole

Retired
Wow Terry - I bet you have well over 10-12K in damage there!
Hope you have better luck with your insurance company then I have had with mine. I still haven't had a settlement from when we were hit in May.

rxbristol

Hope you have better luck with your insurance company then I have had with mine. I still haven't had a settlement from when we were hit in May.

Who was your insurance carrier?

OEFVET

Terry,

I just used the link you sent me to read this thread. So sorry about the damage and big headache that goes along with it. Hopefully the rest of your trip home is uneventful and safe.

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Terry, Glad to hear you and Carol are OK. Things can be fixed, lives can't be replaced.

Thanks for sharing, hope you're back up and rolling soon.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Terry. Almost home and this happens. Glad everyone is ok. If anyone cans fix things as good as new, it's you. Keep us updated.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
So sorry you had to experience this. If I may ask, who is your insurance carrier and how are they treating you?

The insurance company is National Interstate Insurance Co. through Explorer Insurance Agency. At this time it is too early to judge the treatment overall. So far, starting a claim has been easy and no problems

Yes, my estimate is about the same.

Terry. Almost home and this happens. Glad everyone is ok. If anyone cans fix things as good as new, it's you. Keep us updated.

I can fix most anything, but this is more than I can handle. I have a RV body shop that will fix it like new.

Terry H

Staff member
I towed the Landmark to the Trailer Alignment shop for evaluation of the front left Mor-Ryde IS unit being out of alignment from the collision. They determined the proper way to fix it is to replace the whole front left Mor-Ryde IS unit. Also the frame near the front left Mor-Ryde IS was bent 1/8” from being true and straight. The IS part is built for each order and will take about 5 to 7 days to be delivered. Hopefully the part will ordered tomorrow. Then the shop will need to schedule the replacement and repair which will take 2 days. So it appears we will be here in Memphis for about 10 to 14 days.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I towed the Landmark to the Trailer Alignment shop for evaluation of the front left Mor-Ryde IS unit being out of alignment from the collision. They determined the proper way to fix it is to replace the whole front left Mor-Ryde IS unit. Also the frame near the front left Mor-Ryde IS was bent 1/8” from being true and straight. The IS part is built for each order and will take about 5 to 7 days to be delivered. Hopefully the part will ordered tomorrow. Then the shop will need to schedule the replacement and repair which will take 2 days. So it appears we will be here in Memphis for about 10 to 14 days.

Might as well enjoy and go visit Graceland.

Bones

Have they checked the frame around your level up leg?

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Terry, late in posting but just checked in while vacationing in NC. So sorry to hear of this mishap but thankful you are both OK.

jbeletti

Below is my things to do in Memphis with checks by what we've done. Some of them are from you :) Go get you some bird at Gus's Fried Chicken!

<!--?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?-->Memphis
<input type="checkbox" checked="checked">Graceland
<input type="checkbox" checked="checked">Visitor Center (MS River side) - per Byrd Mathis
<input type="checkbox" checked="checked">Sun Studio - per Byrd Mathis
<input type="checkbox">St. Judes Hospital - Danny Thomas memorial per Byrd Mathis
<input type="checkbox" checked="checked">Mudd Island
<input type="checkbox" checked="checked">Beale Street
<input type="checkbox">BB Kings night club on Beale St - too $$ cover charge
<input type="checkbox" checked="checked">Peabody Hotel (ducks at 11 and 5)
<input type="checkbox">Eat BBQ at Corkys per Dave/Julie
<input type="checkbox" checked="checked">Rendezvous BBQ on Beale Street
<input type="checkbox">Memphis Zoo
<input type="checkbox" checked="checked">Blues City Cafe (ribs and fried shrimp per Terry and Carol H) - on Beale Street
<input type="checkbox" checked="checked">Gus' Fried Chicken - 310 South Front Street (per Terry and Carol H)
<input type="checkbox" checked="checked">Dyer's (Hamburger) per Travel Channel (old grease)
<input type="checkbox">Civil Rights Museum - Dave and Kathy Latta
<input type="checkbox" checked="checked">Rock and Soul Museum - Dave and Kathy Latta
<input type="checkbox">Pink Palace
<input type="checkbox" checked="checked">Staxx Museum
<input type="checkbox">Boiling Point Restaurant for Shrimp and Grits - South Haven, MS - per Rex and Stacy Hastey on Facebook
<input type="checkbox">Bass Pro Shop in the Pyramid

kowAlski631

The Memphis zoo is really good. We've gone to ones in many cities and this one is much better than most in our opinion. Every one on the list is worthwhile seeing (can't speak to Bass Pro in the pyramid since it opened since the last time we were in Memphis).

BudnDonna

Below is my things to do in Memphis with checks by what we've done. Some of them are from you :) Go get you some bird at Gus's Fried Chicken!

<!--?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?-->Memphis
<input type="checkbox" checked="checked">Graceland
<input type="checkbox" checked="checked">Visitor Center (MS River side) - per Byrd Mathis
<input type="checkbox" checked="checked">Sun Studio - per Byrd Mathis
<input type="checkbox">St. Judes Hospital - Danny Thomas memorial per Byrd Mathis
<input type="checkbox" checked="checked">Mudd Island
<input type="checkbox" checked="checked">Beale Street
<input type="checkbox">BB Kings night club on Beale St - too $$ cover charge
<input type="checkbox" checked="checked">Peabody Hotel (ducks at 11 and 5)
<input type="checkbox">Eat BBQ at Corkys per Dave/Julie
<input type="checkbox" checked="checked">Rendezvous BBQ on Beale Street
<input type="checkbox">Memphis Zoo
<input type="checkbox" checked="checked">Blues City Cafe (ribs and fried shrimp per Terry and Carol H) - on Beale Street
<input type="checkbox" checked="checked">Gus' Fried Chicken - 310 South Front Street (per Terry and Carol H)
<input type="checkbox" checked="checked">Dyer's (Hamburger) per Travel Channel (old grease)
<input type="checkbox">Civil Rights Museum - Dave and Kathy Latta
<input type="checkbox" checked="checked">Rock and Soul Museum - Dave and Kathy Latta
<input type="checkbox">Pink Palace
<input type="checkbox" checked="checked">Staxx Museum
<input type="checkbox">Boiling Point Restaurant for Shrimp and Grits - South Haven, MS - per Rex and Stacy Hastey on Facebook
<input type="checkbox">Bass Pro Shop in the Pyramid
If you're a Blues music lover Beale Street is a little slice of heaven!

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Terry H

Staff member
Thanks you everyone for the things to do and the places to eat ideas.

Have they checked the frame around your level up leg?

The level up leg is in front of wheel assembly and the bracket welded to the frame was crushed. I am hopeful the crushed bracket took all the impact and that it did not bend the frame in that area. I will have them check that area to make sure it is not bent.

Friday I ordered a wheel and tire to be shipped to the Frame and Alignment Shop, so I will have a spare for the trip home. I also sent the measurements for the IS Assembly to Mor-Ryde. On Saturday I rearranged the cargo bay in order to have easier access to the electrical cords and water hoses since the ODS cargo door is jammed in the closed position.

Diamondjim

WOW is all I can say!

AND so glad you and Carol were not injured. White knuckle I guess.

We just completed our first ever trip (1350 miles) towing a 5th wheel with our "new" 2011 Greystone 32RL. As snowbirds, from NY state back home to FLA. Saw some weird driving on I79, I77 and of course I95 from SC to Orlando.

But we were lucky. Only close call was a car carrier semi (loaded) passed us, a mile or so later came into our lane, slowed and went to the shoulder....all with no lights, signals etc. on his trailer, nor warning to us. Was able to control things, but hello!

Hope you have good luck with repairs and in 4 or 5 years, laugh about the situation.

Be safe!

JJnVA

Just saw this thread. SOOO sorry to hear of your accident but glad to know that you and Carol were not physically injured.
Positive thoughts for speedy, quality repairs are with you.
Enjoy seeing the sights and hearing the sounds of Memphis to pass the time while repairs are being taken care of for you!

Terry H

Staff member
Today the Mor-Ryde IS Suspension parts arrived at the truck frame and alignment shop. The suspensions repairs will begin tomorrow at 8 am and it may take up to two days to be completed.

Bones

Today the Mor-Ryde IS Suspension parts arrived at the truck frame and alignment shop. The suspensions repairs will begin tomorrow at 8 am and it may take up to two days to be completed.
You waited a while to get those parts. I'm guessing they had to make them.