Whats the Best Style TPMS

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have the TST tire pressure monitoring system. i have both the flow through and the non-flow through sensors. i like the flow through because they do not have to remove them to add air. But the flow through sensors stick out further and would not work on my truck wheels so I have to use the non-flow through on the truck. Both work great with the receiver unit.

kdubinwa

I have the TST tire pressure monitoring system. i have both the flow through and the non-flow through sensors. i like the flow through because they do not have to remove them to add air. But the flow through sensors stick out further and would not work on my truck wheels so I have to use the non-flow through on the truck. Both work great with the receiver unit.

Jim,

Did you have any difficulty with the flow through's not sealing and then leaking? Just wondering what the downsides might be for the convenience of adding air through the sensor?

Kurt

avvidclif

I have the non flow thru. But it's a moot point as I haven't had to add air in 6 months. It's not like it's a everyday event, if it is something is wrong. Tires, wheels, valve stems???

'Lil Guy'

I use the TST non flow thru. smaller and less weight on valve stem. I also remove the outer cover from the monitor so I can just grab them and twist it off like a regular cap.

wehavefun

YES,

If you have rubber stems they will tear and break off, you will have a flat tire and no sensor!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Jim,

Did you have any difficulty with the flow through's not sealing and then leaking? Just wondering what the downsides might be for the convenience of adding air through the sensor?

Kurt

No leaking problems with the flow throughs.