What's the common name for the rain gutter trim?

TxCowboy

EDIT: After working through this thread and doing additional online research, I determined that was had failed (due to Texas heat and sun) was the flexible, rubberized "insert" for the drip rail. I found a roll of a 100 foot roll of 1" "insert" at a local RV shop for about $20.00.

Here's the original post:

I was inspecting the RV this morning and noted that a six foot length of what I call a "rain gutter" has failed. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a replacement item called "rain gutter".

So what is the name of the trim piece that runs along the top edge of the walls and rear of the RV and acts as a channel to divert the water from the roof to the four corners of the RV?

Last edited:

Lynn1130

I can't find the info from when I order some of it but if you call Heartland Customer Service, parts they can track it down for your particular trailer by the last 6 of your VIN. It will come in the specific color for your unit.

TxCowboy

Went out and took a good look. It appears to be some sort of slide-in rubberized stripping that fits into top and bottom groves and is held in place by a couple of screws at the front and rear. This permits water to run into the drip rail that you see and then flows to the corners of the rv.

This unit is a Heartland Greystone 2011 32RL, if that helps.

Attachments

• Rain Gutter Pic.jpg
    Rain Gutter Pic.jpg
    568.8 KB · Views: 63

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
I believe it is called insert drip rail, as confirmed it above post link.

olcoon

Can't remember what it's called, but from what I've been told it's only purpose it to cover the screws. You should be able to get at almost any RV store. I'd take a sample to make sure you get the same size, color, etc.

Lynn1130

Per my earlier post, there are several types and colors available and calling Heartland with your VIN will assure that you get the correct type and color for your unit.

Shown is a three pack that Heartland sent. They come in 4 ft lengths.

Attachments

• 20150304_101333.jpg
    20150304_101333.jpg
    674.3 KB · Views: 35