what's the switch next to the black tank fill connection?

Burtonair01

Hey all, I just bought a 2011 3814 Heartland Cyclone Toyhauler and can't figure out what the switch does that is next to the black tank fill/flush connection. I thought maybe it was for a sprinkler inside the black tank but when I turn it on I cannot hear anything happening, any ideas on what this switch is for or does?

danemayer

It might be a 2nd switch for the water pump. Try turning it on when not connected to city water and then run some water to see if the pump comes on.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
that is what it should be - it is there to allow for control of the water pump while winterizing the rig. so you do not have to run into the rig to turn on/off the pump.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I guess I don't follow the "run in and out to winterize" idea. When I do mine, I stick the siphon tube (extension) into the bottle of AF, set the valves in the UDC to winterize and go inside. Turn on the pump and run each faucet valve until the pink stuff comes out. If it sputters, it tells me that the jug is empty and needs to be changed. And I open my low point drains to get AF from them, too. I do this after blowing out the lines with air at the UDC city water inlet.

Burtonair01

Yep, that's what it was, another water pump switch! Thanks!

Admin: balance of post moved to new thread in CY area

Last edited by a moderator: