What's up with YOUR North Trail travel trailer?

japozniak

I will be picking up our new 280bh this Saturday 11/01/2008. My wife and I are looking forward to enjoying several weekends in it next summer. I am hoping I will not encounter many problems loading my Harley in it...

Hart

Congratulations, Japozniak! We are new owners of a North Trail 26RKS.
Took 2 trips & it is going back for some minor warranty items.

We have to keep it in storage but do bring it home to prepare for a trip. Our neighbors were so intrigued with it, they have just purchased a North Trail 32BHDS to accomodate their family. Go North Trail!!

japozniak

I just finished making reservations for next summer's Americade motorcycle event in Lake George. It sure will seem different going from a tent to a nice comfortable trailer...

truknutt

Committed Member
japo,

Where will you be staying? I have always wanted to travel on that side of the Adirondacks and of course to attend Americade!

My Grandparents & now Parents have always had a place over in Cranberry Lake (St Lawrence County) so we tend to stay on the Western side of "THE Park". When we visit we usually ride up to Massena, or to Tupper, Saranac or Placid.

The only way to get DW interested in Lake George is to dangle the proverbial carrot; "Rachel Ray is rumored to be visiting her family at the very same time that Americade is happening!" :rolleyes:

Enjoy your new rig and show us photos of the scooter nestled inside! ;)

desandy

We brought our 2009 31red home last week and immediately camped out. We traded up from a 25' bh amerilite on a whim. We needed more room with the kids. We found what we wanted in our 31red, this is now our second home. Who would have thought to put a family room in a travel trailer. I absolutely love it. We had 4 adults and 3 kids in it, just hanging out and not one complaint.

just read you note/ we just bought a 2010 31red and also looking forward to camping. It is quite cold here in Delaware but this to will pass/ good luck:)

lelandpa

New owner of a North Trail 24 RL fifth wheel! Haven't gotten to try it out yet, had a few issues with the dealer. Can't wait for the maiden voyage!

kswatson

31QBS summer of 2009 in Alberta

Our 31QBS has been great with the usual problems. The kids love it and want to go camping every weekend. It would be nice to keep them them out of the TT, as they now have much more room than the 22' (78 year) we first puchased as a trial. Will be back dry camping next year and thinking of buying 2-6 V batteries.

Just a couple of questions:
1. Fresh water tank really drains slow, if not at all), is the drain pluged?
2. Where are the best campsites 2 hours out of Red Deer
Keith

irvin56

best cg out of red deer

First on all, to each their own for BEST.

There are a bunch along the Forestry trunk road just west Rocky Mtn house.
There are a bunch at Pine lake, Drumheller, West of Edmonton,

Sylvan lake, sundre, Red lodge park(bowden),

can log onto alberte goverment site and they have cg listings.

BUT THE BEST WAY IS, GO THE TRAVEL information place and pick up alberta camp ground book and it has most of them in there. I pickup a new one every year.
Then just figuer out what you want and $ spent, Good book and it's FREE

WE own a 31 also for 2 years and very NICE unit.

cableman

North trail owner

Picked ours up 8/09. It is a 24RL 5ver and are very happy. Looking forward to hearing from all the north trail owners.

NSNorthtrail

28 BHS owner here. Got it mid July of this year and have been going solid in it ever since. Going right till 2 nd week of Oct(Thanksgiving in Canada). WE LOVE it. I have had some issues with the camper, however, between Heartland Service,Midwest Ovens and my Dealer (Patterson Sales-New Brunswick) I have had a wonderful expereince.

irvin56

great to see so many

N.T. are on the road. we have only seen 2 other (21fbs) in our 2nd yr of ownership. we have a 31qbs and love the layout and features in the unit.

Beats the heck out of our 76 prowler 21 footer

JAMHud3

Purchased our first camper a 31QBS last month and absolutely love it. My family and I made our first trip over the Labor Day weekend to Shoal Creek Campgrounds on Lake Sidney Lanier in Buford, Georgia. Had a little scare our second night when an alarm sounded at 11pm. Found out that it was our LP sensor, so I turned off the gas and opened up the windows. Funny thing is that I could not smell any of that rotten egg smell. Alarm kept going off for about an hour so i cut the wire just to get some sleep since no smell. In the morning I reconnected the wire and low and behold the alarm sounded. Found out the LP sensors are always defective, dealer is going to replace. Other than that had a great time and can't wait to take another trip.

gorlesky

New Heartland TT Owners

We are new Heartland North Trail 21fbs owners. We looked at a lot of other travel trailers but did not like the construction or weight. We have a '65 Airstream Globetrotter that is a pleasure to pull, but we wanted more comfort. Looked at new Airstreams but were disappointed with the cost and poor construction. We found the North Trail and made our choice.

We bought ours at RV Wholesaler in Ohio and had to go pick it up. On the way back, we camped in the Smoky Mountains.

We pull it with a 2006 Tundra,which is not a great tow vehicle, and wanted something light. It handled the mountains easily.

One of the things we liked about the Airstream was the rally's. We met a lot of great people and hope to do the same with Heartland.i

Last edited:

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
One of the things we liked about the Airstream was the rally's. We met a lot of great people and hope to do the same with Heartland.i

Well, with you in NC, there are a few rallies coming up in your neck of the woods.
Check the front page of the forum for a rally near you...:D

currituck0209

Hey CAMPNTN, We have a 2010 28' RLS, North Trail, We have had it approx 6months. We love it an have not had any problems .Its behind the garage though, waiting on spring. We already signed up for SC & NC RALLY. lOVE it

TXBobcat

Fulltime

Well if you really liked the rallys your going to enjoy the Heartland.

I you wanted, you can spend all summer going to different rallys all over the country. What a way to see different places and meet a lot of great people. Now all you have to do is hook up and tell us all about your travels.. By the way.. this is one of the best forums also..

BC

cableman

I have a north trail, but it's not a travel trailer. We bought the 24rl 5ver in august an love it. Right now it is resting beside the garage and I would say it is shivering as we speak.

SFC-Eddy

SO! Here's a new problem. 21FBS with delivery to me on 7/08. Fall 09 I had a SHORT in the ceiling lights, hood fan and porch light circuit-blows fuses as tho wires grounded or failure along the line. I discovered it late in fall and delayed working on the problem until today. I Called Heartland and they refused to send a wire diagram! (small fish in a big pond) Unlike Airstream and many other manuf. no documents were included in books supplied!!!!!!!
Dealer 50 miles away is no help---IDEAS???