What's with closing many of the Sundance Threads???

Earl_Max

Ok lots of the Sundance brand threads are now closed / moved with no explanation. What's up?

I don't really like being thrown into the mix with all the other Heartland brands......thus why I joined the Sundance Specific Forum in the first place. May as well make it an anything towable forum and put everyone with a camper in there.
Good Grief.

JMHO

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: What's swith closing many of the Sundance Threads???

In an effort to streamline and clean up the forum a bit we are consolidating some threads.
If for example you have a problem with your furnace, that model xyz will most likely be used across several brands. No need to have the same thread in four different places.
Same goes for slide outs, refrigerators, converters, AC units etc.
FYI, there is a thread going now from a member that wants to see fewer forum threads.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

Earl,

Thanks for writing. It's like Dave (cookie) said, just a streamlining thing. And nothing is going away, just being relocated. Items that are being relocated are items that are common with all our brands.

Each brand forum will be left with their own sub-forums as follows (subject to tweaking):

• Sundance - Ask The Factory
  • Sundance - Design Ideas
  • Sundance - Factory Corner
  • Sundance - General Discussions
  • Sundance - Interior
  • Sundance - Modifications
  • Sundance - Photos
  • Sundance - Prospective Owners

In no way do we want to stifle discussion in the Sundance or any other brand communities. Just trying to distill the forums down a bit and combine similar content where it makes sense to.

Jim

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

OK, I was kinda wondering myself, but it does make sense. Most of the subsystems and appliances are common to the different HL brands and platforms.

FiremanBill

Makes perfect sense. I am a moderator on a radio control flight forum and we recently did this. The site is so much easier to navigate now and folks like it so much better.

Great job you guys are doing here. Keep up the great work!

EandJ

If you want to reply to a thread that is in a closed sub-forum - can you? Say a thread on a fridge or something? Or will all those threads be eventually moved to the Appliance Forum as an example?

jbeletti

If you want to reply to a thread that is in a closed sub-forum - can you? Say a thread on a fridge or something? Or will all those threads be eventually moved to the Appliance Forum as an example?

Over time, we'll be moving all those conversations out to more relevant sub-forums. So the short answer is yes. The long answer, is, it will take us some time to get it all moved around.

Thank you for understanding.

Earl_Max

Jim B.

Thanks for the explanation. Progress is painfull.......I'll try to adjust (deep breathe).
The fact that you pop in here to offer an explanation shows to me that You / Heartland are indeed listening to owners and trying to create a better environment to us learn and grow together with the product that we've laid out our hard earned cash for.

-Earl

jbeletti

Thanks Earl. By the way, wait until you start seeing the "Practical User Guides" that Heartland product owners are creating. Really cool stuff and over time, the makings of a user manual Heartland owners can be proud of and get a lot of use out of.

Anyone who cares to contribute content may do so. Product owner Dan Mayer will soon layout more on how anyone can contribute.

Marge

All who wander are not lost.
Thanks for the explanation, I was wondering why so many north Trail Threads were closed.

jbeletti

The process of closing certain sub-forums under all of the Brand Communities is now complete.

The process of moving all of the threads out of those close sub-forums is also now complete.

So, all that data remains on the forum, just moved into other relevant sub-forums.

Thanks everyone for your patience and understanding. We feel the move of this data will be for the greater good.

Jim

EandJ

Over time, we'll be moving all those conversations out to more relevant sub-forums. So the short answer is yes. The long answer, is, it will take us some time to get it all moved around.

Thank you for understanding.

Cool.

I don't envy whomever gets the lucky job of doing it.

jbeletti

Cool.

I don't envy whomever gets the lucky job of doing it.

EandJ,

I hear that. For anyone who wants to thank those who moved 1100 threads/posts, you may thank your forum moderators:
- TerryH
- jimtoo
- Ray LeTourneau
- danemayer
- cookie
- linuxkidd

curly2001

I hope you keep listening to the owners of Heartland products. Some things need to be discussed with open minds in both directions.
Curly

jbeletti

I hope you keep listening to the owners of Heartland products. Some things need to be discussed with open minds in both directions.
Curly

Heartland's plan is to continue to listen to our product owners as well as prospective owners. For only when we know what you like and dislike about what we do, and what you want, can build RVs with features you want.

Ways to reach out to Heartland on this are:

• Phone: You may call Heartland directly and usually get through to the brand manager (574-262-5992)
  • Email: You can send an email to Heartland directly and it can get passed to who need is (info@heartlandrvs.com)
  • Forum: You may post in key forums that are monitored by the factory and "be heard"
    a) Design Ideas forums - tell us what you want in a new coach or how we should do something differently
    b) Prospective Owner forums - ask us questions that help you decide if Heartland is right for you
    c) Ask the Factory forums - ask us technical questions
  • RV Shows: Seek out brand managers and regional sales reps to chat with them about products