What's your favorite carry weapon?

bayhawk2

I only have a 20 footer...MPG..I have nine handguns:
An LCP,LC9,.45.auto,SR9c,.38 derringer,.44 mag,.45 colt,.22,and the Judge.
Without wanting to blow a hole through about 5 campers and the stray
dog down the street,I think the .44 mag is out.
The 9 mm's are definitely my main carry guns,
however the gun of choice while"in"the trailer?
My Judge.Without a doubt.
Federal handgun .410 ga.000Buckshot loads.
The Judge without that load is just a novelty.With that
load?At close range it'll blow a massive hole right through ya!
It was quite impressive the damage it does at close range.
It was a featured gun on the t.v. show"The Best Defense".
It passed the "Home Defense"test with flying colors.
Yep.That's the gun.I do have a laser sight on
it.Perfect.My choice.

SeldomSeen

The JUDGE is a fearsome weapon for sure, however under my bed is an AK-47 with two banana clips. Only drag that out if everything else fails. Most of the time the 9 mm does the trick very nicely. Wow, the JUDGE, if coming to your unit I would announce myself as friendly and do it very loudly.

I only have a 20 footer...MPG..I have nine handguns:
An LCP,LC9,.45.auto,SR9c,.38 derringer,.44 mag,.45 colt,.22,and the Judge.
Without wanting to blow a hole through about 5 campers and the stray
dog down the street,I think the .44 mag is out.
The 9 mm's are definitely my main carry guns,
however the gun of choice while"in"the trailer?
My Judge.Without a doubt.
Federal handgun .410 ga.000Buckshot loads.
The Judge without that load is just a novelty.With that
load?At close range it'll blow a massive hole right through ya!
It was quite impressive the damage it does at close range.
It was a featured gun on the t.v. show"The Best Defense".
It passed the "Home Defense"test with flying colors.
Yep.That's the gun.I do have a laser sight on
it.Perfect.My choice.

Novelty? I suggest you read about the Winchester PDX 1 .410 load. You can call it a novely. I will call it the ultimate in close quarters defensive load. I used to load with the Federal. I have boxes of them just laying around now. I now carry a mix of Federal .45 LC and 3 or 3 PDX 1. 3 if indoors, 2 if I am in the truck or walking. Why did you put a laser sight on a Judge? Even the .45 LC does not have the travel to need a laser sight. The .410 shells certainly do not.

Sandpirate69

I carry on my person .45 Kimber & a 12ga stage coach barrel cut down to 10.5" as per my Federal Tax Stamp. I really wouldn't want to damage my rig, but family comes first. Wife, 3 year old daughter, & rascally Chihuahua. By the way, before my deployment to Iraq we cut out pages from magazines to use as targets. Last time I checked a circle nor a silhouette has ever charged me or shot at me. Remember, you will be looking at a human when you decide to pull that weapon to secure your family or love ones.

Just my 2 cents

ntoport

With my Kimber (German Shepherd) on my left side what do you think I have on my Right side? If you guessed a .45 Kimber w/3inch barrel your right. In the 5er the Judge w/all 410s. At the house a security combo 12 ga. pump. In real hot weather, wearing shorts .380 Colt Mustang.

Pecosbill

I agree with Sandpirate69. I wonder how many people that replied to this thread and other threads relating to caring guns have ever had to use one to defend themselves while RVing.

I agree with Sandpirate69. I wonder how many people that replied to this thread and other threads relating to caring guns have ever had to use one to defend themselves while RVing.

Sorry but the way I see it is this is no different than asking how many of the people who reply on this or any other thread have used their life insurance policy. My firearms are just that, a life insurance policy. I do not care whether or not I have had to use it. I care that it is there if I need to.

Tom Cobb

I agree Borntawade. It is better to carry a handgun than a cop. A cop takes 10-15 minutes to get there.

I carry a Glock 23 .40 cal. I use an open belt holster with a vest most of the time. In the summer when it is hot I have a belt bag that has holster inside it. I can unzip it and draw just about as fast as with open belt holster. In either case they are concealed and available. That is all that matters.

RCF

I have really come to love Kahrs since I got my CHL. Started with the Kahr PM40 and just purchased it's big brother, a Kahr P40, for when I can conceal a little larger pistol. The PM40 is a handful (pun intended), but can be carried in my shorts pocket, etc., in hot weather.

DWSW2012

I still have my 6" S&W model 19 I bought in the mid seventies when I began in law enforcement Would never part with it. Would like to carry it but my little Ruger .380 LCP is easy to conceal, especially around grand kids.

Last edited: