What's your favorite carry weapon?

mdavis

Ruger P95DC in 45 cal. firing Corbon starfires. It is BIG, Slow, with very little chance of a pass through to hit any bystanders. And ha tremendous knock down.

hart1369

A good carry choice for me is my -- Kahr PM9 (9mm) or my new Sig p238 (380) --- the problem with the SIG is actually a small 1911 (single action). So the real proper way to carry it is cocked and locked, which I know is safe... but it still gives me the creeps to carry someting with the hammer locked back... So, when I carry the SIG i don't have it cocked and I dont have one in the chamber. So I guess if i need it in a hurry, i'm going to have to ask the perp to give me a minute to get it ready.

A question for you though?... Does anybody carry a 1911 pistol with one in the pipe and with the hammer in the "half cocked" position??? I had a gun smith tell me it is safe to carry it that way?? My SIG is a hammerless pistol with a heavy trigger pull, so if you don't pull the trigger its not going off...
when i carry my 1911 thats the way i carry it . i can cock almost as easy as thumbing the safety and i feel better about it

imchud

OMG.... A .50 Cal - Remind me never to **** you off. you would never need to pull the triger on that thing, just show it to the perp and he/she will run the other way...

My hand gun of choice is the Sig Sauer P229 in .40 S&W, ( read 10MM ). Although I can't carry this gun, ( Canadian) it is my defense weapon of choice.

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
imchud,

Something to keep in mind, a safety is only a mechanical device, and anything mechanical can and will fail at some point in time. Do you want to trust your, a loved one's, or even a stranger's life on something that will fail at some unknown time? The best, and only safety I trust is between my ears, and God gave that to me.

The subject of safety is never off base when discussing firearms!!!! I have always believed and taught the best solution is to always do what you are trained for. On the weapon side of things: If you have a heavy trigger pull it would be wiser to: A) Have a gunsmith lessen it to a comfy pull. B) Select another side arm. Nothing regarding testosterone should be taken into consideration when selecting THE RIGHT SIDE ARM FOR YOU!

Caliber and frame size are a matter of application. You will have to be a large person to conceal a full frame .50, but a medium frame 9mm might be perfect. But as a primary sidearm a .50 is an excellent choice, but "I" could never conceal it as I cannot conceal my .45 too well. I conceal my 9mm and my .45 rests on my side. Neither in a"half-cocked" position but then that is neither necessary or applicable....

Last edited:

jdcarp2001

I like my Glock 23C, but depending on how many clothes I am wearing, shorts or jeans, button shirt or tshirt I also like my Glock 27 in the waist band or ankle. I really do not like Glocks but I love the way they shoot!

GM.Chief

I carry a Springfield XD 40 service in an MTAC Minotaur holster and my wife carries a Glock 23, sometimes in her purse, sometimes in an MTAC as well

Moose

The differences between the US and Canada are quite interesting. I never would have thought to carry a gun in my 5th wheel or on my person. I suspect many Canadians are the same. Only thing I might worry about is a bear when camping in the mountains, and I'm not really even worried about that.

Not judging it. Its just different.

Being an engineer, and a fellow Canuck, I never leave home without my mechanical pencil. ROFL

Not judging either. Just not exposed to them up here. Sure like to read about them though.

hart1369

Being an engineer, and a fellow Canuck, I never leave home without my mechanical pencil. ROFL

Not judging either. Just not exposed to them up here. Sure like to read about them though.
I find it strange that as close as we are as a people that our additudes toward firearms are so different

Moose

I find it strange that as close as we are as a people that our additudes toward firearms are so different

I think its the history of each nation. In your Country you had to bear arms to become an independent nation and through your growth it was part of your nation building. And your nation grew much quicker than we did.

On our side we became independent without much strugle over a longer period of time. So it just evolved based on what you are used to I guess.

Oh ya, one other thing. We were typically governed by Liberals more so than Conservatives through our history. LOL

MC9

When we are hiking it is usually the Jennings 380 (saturday night special) the rest of the time it is usually my FEG PA63 (Walther PPK clone). If it is bigger wild animal country then it is the CZ-52.

Moose

When we are hiking it is usually the Jennings 380 (saturday night special) the rest of the time it is usually my FEG PA63 (Walther PPK clone). If it is bigger wild animal country then it is the CZ-52.

So the CZ-52 is for when you are in Flint? LOL just kidding.

hart1369

I think its the history of each nation. In your Country you had to bear arms to become an independent nation and through your growth it was part of your nation building. And your nation grew much quicker than we did.

On our side we became independent without much strugle over a longer period of time. So it just evolved based on what you are used to I guess.

Oh ya, one other thing. We were typically governed by Liberals more so than Conservatives through our history. LOL
liberal isnt a dirty word to me i believe in the liberal use of justifable force ,and gun control thru sight alignment and trigger control

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
This is one of the most popular threads on the Forum, over 4000 views so far. Must be alot of us interested in carrying handguns.;)

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Thought I was gonna have to use my favorite weapon today which isn't concealable without wearing a trench coat.

My sister in law wouldn't answer the phone when we knew she was home so my wife went over to check on her. When she got there she found a strange car parked there and a man siting on the porch drinking something at 10 am. He boogied when my wife pulled in and she got his plate number. Sister in law didn't answer the door when she knocked and both her car and her boyfriends car were there so she came home to get me and saw the stranger parked just up the street in a gas station that was closed.

This is a big concern as the old farm house they live in used to be a local drug house and we live 15 miles from a town in any direction and never see the police out here in the boonies.

I grabbed my Nasty black AR15 Carbine, slipped a couple of 30 round mags in my back pockets, popped a mag in the well, chambered a round, turned the laser on, flipped open the covers on the scope and went back to her house ready to rock.

She did finally answer the door just before I was gonna bust it down. They were a bit suprised to see Rambos worst nightmare standing in her door when she opened it. And startled when we told them about the guy that was sitting on her porch. Her boyfriend who had never seen an AR15 much less a heavily modified one in a Carbine configuration thought it was a machine gun LOL. Thank god they were just sleeping in after being up late.

IMG00616-20100620-0758.jpg

Pulltab

could it be more people are legally exersizing their rights now , instead of doing it on the hush-hush:D
Any clue to who the guy was? Yes a properly accessorizied AR is a fine attention getter! Glad it was no more serious than late sleeping.

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Any clue to who the guy was? Yes a properly accessorizied AR is a fine attention getter! Glad it was no more serious than late sleeping.

Not a clue. It's quite possible it was someone wanting to buy some smoke, a few months ago when all the migrant laborers wer around they did have one guy that barely spoke english come to the door trying to buy pot and saying he used to buy it there.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Maybe they need to put a great big DRUG FREE ZONE sign in their front yard and a NEW OWNER NO DRUGS HERE sign.