What's your favorite carry weapon?

yepuhuh

Smith and Wesson airlight titanium frame 38 special (Hammerless) .

In my frony jean pocket and it makses no shadow. In the winter when I have more clothing on I carry my Glock model 23 40 cal with crimson tracer lazer on it. Typically on my waistband.

As far as inside our camper, in the dresser by the bed lies ole faithful S&W 357 Magnum 4 inch barrell.
Down the hall Mossburg 12 guage 6 shot tactical.

DennisZ

Just bought the DW a Smith M&P 9mm compact... Sweet shooting gun, and fairly small. I like the gun so much, I'm going to buy one in .40 cal, just trying to figure out if I want the compact or full size (same capacity magazine in the Peoples Republic of California).

Yepuhuh, how do like the Crimson Trace?? Thinking about buying a couple of them, they are $$.

Dennis

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Glock 23 / 40 cal.
I also have the 9 mm conversion barrel and ejector for practice range (cheaper ammo)
Bought the gun 16 years ago, but only been an active shooter for the last couple of years.
Trained and shot idpa a couple of times and got my concealed permit last year.
This is a great gun, has never had a malfunction of any kind. I do replace parts when worn and keep it clean and lubed.

DW_Gray

I have Crimson Trace grip on my Sig P229, .40 S&W. They're nice to have and useful in the right situations. But I still believe it's important to practice without it as well. Sometimes it's more important to get that bullet in the target than depending on getting that laser beam pointed. Seconds count.

I just sent my Sig back to the factory custom shop yesterday to have some trigger work done.

porthole

Retired
Anyone give the Taurus Judge a go yet? I'm thinking about 3 items within the next year. One of the 4th generation Glock's, a Judge and one of the PD shotguns made by either Weatherby, Mossberg or Bennelli.

The B's sure are nice but you could buy two of the others plus ammo for the price, even with the current rebates ($200 on the M4 Tactical)

Maybe even one of the S&W Bodyguards (380) for Deb, trade in my S&W 3913 (9mm) (can't group with it).

Pulltab

Anyone give the Taurus Judge a go yet? I'm thinking about 3 items within the next year. One of the 4th generation Glock's, a Judge and one of the PD shotguns made by either Weatherby, Mossberg or Bennelli.

The B's sure are nice but you could buy two of the others plus ammo for the price, even with the current rebates ($200 on the M4 Tactical)

Maybe even one of the S&W Bodyguards (380) for Deb, trade in my S&W 3913 (9mm) (can't group with it).
A guy who works for me bought a Judge and loves it. Says it doesn't kick bad at all with either the .45 colt or the .410 shells

yepuhuh

I agree on the crimson trace. On my 38 S&W I shoot with both eyes open and practice with a beamhit target shooting device. My accuracy within 25 feet is within a walnut......Look up beamhit and you will see how it could help you improve your ability without wasting a lot of ammo! My wife is a crack shot because of the beam hit!n

ultrafarmer

Just got me a Springfield XD ... it looks great and they are giving away 3 extra clips .go to there web site. I also have a Ruger 9mm. the XD is a 9mm

I carry the Hudge with me everywhere I go. I have the 3 inch barrel and keep it loaded with 2 000 buck shot 3 inch 5 pellet loads and 3 Hydroshock .45 Long Colts. It si a formidable close range self-defense weapon. Have fired uncounted rounds through it and have never had an issue.

sunflower

Please help me understand why an exposed weapon would not be better then a hidden weapon.If I saw an exposed weapon
it would certainly deter me over a person not showing?And I did love the comment Canadians don't carry because we can camp between our American friends.LOL.,except if you have a fire in your unit,hello fireworks.

Last edited:

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
Please help me understand why an exposed weapon would not be better then a hidden weapon.If I saw an exposed weapon
it would certainly deter me over a person not showing?And I did love the comment Canadians don't carry because we can camp between our American friends.LOL.,except if you have a fire in your unit,hello fireworks.

An "open" weapon is also a target for someone desiring it. Unless you are specifically trained in the art of at least a level II holster (Level 1 - 4, is a "security" level retention gauge) you would not be able to draw in time to do much good. Secondly an open weapon without a visible badge next to it is a little unsettling to most people. I know the LE's in this area, if in plane clothes always clip their badge next to the holster for this purpose.

Pulltab

Above the reasons given by Rock, you have no option what so ever to a surprise encounter. If they do not know you have a weapon the better your chances are. Once they see you have a weapon you immediately become of interest to them. Granted a visible firearm could possibly deter an incident it could also accelerate with you being in the center of it. Concealed carry is about protecting yourself, not to play cop. The less the perp knows about you the better your chances are. You have to always remember your reason for carrying a weapon is to protect you and or your familys life, not to stop a criminal from obtaining some cash or a 6 pack of beer. Things are seldom as you see them, to take any action outside of protecting yourself borders insanity. :)

Tom of Ypsi

The less the perp knows about you the better your chances are.

Just a thought:
Now that a lot of you have said what you carry, some even saying where your hiding place is, and probably have the map system telling the criminals where you are located it will be easier to find you and wait for the right moment to do what they do best. I feel a public forum is not the place to gloat about what you have or do not have.

Do I carry ?????? Will I tell ???? Come in unexpectedly ???????

Pulltab

Just a thought:
Now that a lot of you have said what you carry, some even saying where your hiding place is, and probably have the map system telling the criminals where you are located it will be easier to find you and wait for the right moment to do what they do best. I feel a public forum is not the place to gloat about what you have or do not have.

Well first, I doubt many criminals are perusing this forum planning on who to rip off, second the information posted would have to be correct and then would have to be a bit more specific. Outside of that, criminals do NOT normally pick on armed people, that only increases their workmans comp rate. :)

Just a thought:

Do you really think a perp is going to be more likely to lurk waiting for those who discuss they have defensive weapons and carry? Personally I believe if the perp thinks you are protected he (or she) will be much more likely to find easier and less lethal prey. I have no qualms whatsoever letting people know I keep myself, family and property protected. You do not hear of too many holdups at a gun show or a cowboy shooting match. I think they would rather play the odds and live to prey on the unprotected. Just an opinion.

Sailor

This is a little off the subject, but I did not want to start another thread. I do not have a CCL now, so can’t say that I carry anything! However I do plan on getting a CCL for KS, and FL , before we go full time in the 5er. So right now I shoot an EAA 45APC, EAA 22 LR, Judge, My Dad’s WWII 1911 45, but my favorite is my CZ 75D P01 9mm. All of the shooting I have done has been at a good friend’s farm, and have never shoot at any range. Because when we travel I want to be able to go to ranges where ever we are. I have some questions of you that have far more experience than I do. When I go to my friends to shoot I transfer my pistols in the same gun bag as my amino(they are not loaded as I think that mean that it is a concealed weapon? Do I need to carry the pistols and amino in different bags? I know that most ranges require eye protection, I wear glasses now will they require me to also wear additional eye protection?