Wheel Problems

Gary F

Are you all having leak issues with both Steel and Aluminum wheels ? My rig has the steel wheels and so far no leak downs.

Just curious.

Gary F

BluegrassMan

Air leakdown ?

Hi All:

As for me, I have had my Grand Canyon since it was shipped in Feb. I have had NO air leak with the Aluminum wheels. I run them right at 110 psi. So far So good. I worry about all the notes I read concerning this.

Denny:confused:

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

HI Everyone
As I stated in a previous post, I have Grand Canyon #29 bought in Nov. of last year. The unit came with the steel chrome plated rims. Took several small trips than a big one in March of 05, came home and and several days later woke with a flat. The weld on the inside of the rim was leaking, the same thing happened after another long trip on April. The manufacturer sent me a set (4) of Aluminum at this point. Had no other problems for several months, and at this time we were on the road full time. Went from Florida to BC Canada and back down into Ca. In Aug while entering Ca we stopped for lunch at Donners pass on Interstate 80. Noticed a tire going flat. Upon looking found that the rim had a hairline crack, manufacturer shipped a new rim. Stayed in one place for a month, than moved about sixty miles to a new RV park. Checked tires last week and found another one going down. Took it off and found a small pin hole on the inside. The manufactuerer called me back this morning, they are shipping a new set (4) from a different company. Had plan on heading back east next week but now will have tot stay a few days longer to get the tires remounted. I will have to say in defense of the company that they have always tried to rectify the problem. Or should I sa they have replaced the rim every time, have not determined what the problem is. Hopefully the new rims will not give me any more trouble.

I don't think you will have any trouble on the Big Horns, they are considerably lighter. I have weighed my unit and all seems to be good, so I do not believe that is the problem. Hopefully they can come up with the cause.

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

Hi everyone
Well I recieved a new set of rims today, will have to have the tires mounted on them tomorrow. Will keep you informed if I have any more problems. Crossing my fingers.

ChopperBill

So how is everyones wheel problem? Any others have problems? I bought a new "06" Polaris 800 ATV with those fancy pants aluminum wheels. One of those has a bead leak. Anything I hate is tire problems!