Wheels Touching - Broken Springs

Mr.D

You always seem to have answers.....Just got home from the Jackson Rally....took a look at my BH tires and they were almost touching!!! You guessed it, looked under and saw that the front Spring had completely broken. Only one leaf handing down. Don't know when it happened but can guess I couldn't have been driving too long in that condition. So since I have to fix it, should I just try to upgrade the other three or just the broken one. What would be a good replacement???

Jim.Allison

Go to an industrial spring shop in your town, and get it repaired. They will inspect all your attach points and give you a quality job for a reasonable price. I betcha!
You always seem to have answers.....Just got home from the Jackson Rally....took a look at my BH tires and they were almost touching!!! You guessed it, looked under and saw that the front Spring had completely broken. Only one leaf handing down. Don't know when it happened but can guess I couldn't have been driving too long in that condition. So since I have to fix it, should I just try to upgrade the other three or just the broken one. What would be a good replacement???

Birchwood

I recently crawled under our Landmark and noticed one of the U bolt nuts was half off.Maybe that's what happened to yours??

GOTTOYS

I replaced all four of mine when I noticed the streetside springs were flattened out. Ordered a set of Emco springs online. They are supposed to be American made. ?? I went up one size from 3,000# to 3,300#. Trailer now sits level, has more suspension travel and rides better. I had new Dexter equalizers installed replacing the cheap Trail-Aire stamped metal equalizers and wet bolts with heavy shackles done at the same time. If one spring broke can the others be far behind?...Don

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
X2 on what Don said. If you have 6K springs...go to 7K springs. Replace all bushings, install wet bolts and heavy duty shackles. Same thing happened to us 3 years ago coming home from Jackson on I-5 over the 5 mile.